myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Davos and the Global Reset
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The free flowing capital markets love Janet Yellen .. ISO stuck in the 1950’s...
It’s a pretty solid group so far .. Top notch Blackrock guy as top economic advisor, a huge uptick from the always wrong Larry Kudlow..
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
......a huge uptick from the always wrong Larry Kudlow..

Perhaps we should take a look at the dismissive poster's own track record......

- Jan 2009; "there will be a 7 handle (percent for those who aren't cool) on GDP growth followed by an explosion in employment". Ummmm, no. Not even remotely close.

- hours after Trump elected POTUS; "Trump will be a disaster for the markets......a disaster." Oh dear! Dow 17,400 at the time of the Oracle's prediction. Today, 30,173.

- couple of months ago; "Elon Musk will never leave Silicon Valley". Whoops! Hello Austin!
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
......a huge uptick from the always wrong Larry Kudlow..

Perhaps we should take a look at the dismissive poster's own track record......

- Jan 2009; "there will be a 7 handle (percent for those who aren't cool) on GDP growth followed by an explosion in employment". Ummmm, no. Not even remotely close.

- hours after Trump elected POTUS; "Trump will be a disaster for the markets......a disaster." Oh dear! Dow 17,400 at the time of the Oracle's prediction. Today, 30,173.

- couple of months ago; "Elon Musk will never leave Silicon Valley". Whoops! Hello Austin!

Let me know when Tesla moves from Palo Alto
* you've been dead wrong on EV's and Tesla
* you were dead wrong on Apple

I could go on, but embarrassing you is not that fun.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggsy, First, I'm a retired windsurfer who scans the WSJ when not on the water or mowing the lawn. It's your job to be keeping up with this stuff every day, so when you constantly make demeaning remarks about people you don't know.......cretins, low lifes, morons, clowns, always wrong etc, etc, it's fair game to see how you did in your own area of expertise. Second, all of Tesla's growth has been outside California......all of it. Will the HQ move? If all the job growth is outside CA, it's somewhat irrelevant. Musk will probably keep the threat of a move hanging over CA's head to extract even more taxpayers funding; you will be contributing. Third, I've been "dead wrong" on EVs and Tesla! Au contraire mon frere. Tesla has not made a penny of profit on any vehicle it has manufactured since its inception. Every other manufacturer also loses money on EVs. No-one would be making them were it not for government subsidies and mandates. As for the Tesla valuation, it continues to defy logic, but I should remind you that I am not the one who got out of Tesla stock at $140. BTW, Uber just bailed on self driving cars "to focus on profits". Quelle surprise!
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uber sold its divsion, and turned around and invested $400 mm in the company, which represents 5%, they aren't getting out, rather taking a passive stake. Door Dash hit the market today, $50B of new SF wealth. Uber Eats is second to Door Dash, so clearly they have aligned their businesses correctly, Dara is doing the right thing. The world market values for the EV industry is well over $1Tril, with Chinese companies leading the way after Tesla. Tesla would be making a huge risk moving out of Palo Alto, as would any of the Mega- tech companies that depend on talent to compete.

Btw-this little exchange started with comments about Janet Yellen, and Larry Kudlow. If you've followed Larry, you'd know he's almost always wrong. In fact Barry Ritholz called him the most wrong man in financial world...

I think it's time for you to go back to mowing the lawn, I'm sure you're quite proficient there...
mac

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggs—you don’t really expect duckgybe to acknowledge he was wrong do you? He has defiance disorder, he has picked fights repeatedly over trivia to claim his superior intelligence. One example—the deadliness of COVID. If you look at the total number of infections and deaths in the US, you see the death rate is just under 2%. (293,000 in 15.6 million). That’s about 1/20th of the death rate of influenza. In the world the rate is 3%. The death rate has fallen from 5%, and the US from 3.5% because of better treatment. Gybe was wrong on. That.

Some people aren’t interested in figuring things out, they’re invested in claiming they are right.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Boggs—you don’t really expect duckgybe to acknowledge he was wrong do you? He has defiance disorder, he has picked fights repeatedly over trivia to claim his superior intelligence. One example—the deadliness of COVID. If you look at the total number of infections and deaths in the US, you see the death rate is just under 2%. (293,000 in 15.6 million). That’s about 1/20th of the death rate of influenza. In the world the rate is 3%. The death rate has fallen from 5%, and the US from 3.5% because of better treatment. Gybe was wrong on. That.

Some people aren’t interested in figuring things out, they’re invested in claiming they are right.

Of course not. I'm happy to admit it when I'm wrong, use my name here, and take the heat. Many right leaning folks have a real issue when it comes to admitting when they were wrong.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggsy, You and Gavin are singing from the same hymn sheet...this just a couple of months ago.

"Gov. Gavin Newsom told CNBC he was “not worried about Elon leaving any time soon” and the state was committed to the car maker’s success. “We may not be the cheapest place to do business but we are the best place to do business,

It's precisely that attitude that Musk is talking about......no-one can do what we do outside of SV.......yes they can, and they are proving it. That's why he left. Hewlett Packard agrees with him. Oh, and Palantir, who "blamed the “increasing intolerance and monoculture” of Silicon Valley for the company’s move." Sound familiar? Time to wake up.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HP Enterprises, a struggling off shoot of HP, which remains in the valley. Get your facts straight. Elon is PERSONALLY moving to Texas, Tesla is still a CA company. For a little perspective, $360 Billion of new SF companies have come public in the past month, and $15B HPE is moving. Peter Thiel , and Joe Lonsdale(who you quoted above) are moving Palantir, which really can exist anywhere.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Many right leaning folks have a real issue when it comes to admitting when they were wrong.

Boggsy, You don't seem to understand how a debate works. Simply saying that someone is "dead wrong" about EVs and Tesla doesn't make it so. What did I say that was dead wrong? Quote me. Nodding in agreement with someone who promoted the notion that 10 million would die of Covid, and is still trying desperately to prove he was right all along, doesn't help your case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: