myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
What Happened to All of the Right Wing Losers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that he is an 'over the top' character who mouths off first and, PERHAPS, only thinks fully of the consequences later. To that extent he was always going to be a bit risky. Most of us know people a bit like that.

What I can't see is how it can ever be ascertained that he DID intend to actually destroy democracy, or if he just went ape with his firm belief (not agreeing he was right) that the election was stolen from him. If the latter, did he really realise what was about to happen ? (Not easy to prove for sure.)

Wouldn't an obvious answer be that his actions and the consequences (intended or otherwise) should just bar him from standing again in the next election. Wouldn't that be an acceptable compromise?
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Wouldn't an obvious answer be that his actions and the consequences (intended or otherwise) should just bar him from standing again in the next election. Wouldn't that be an acceptable compromise?"

GT, how do you think that could even happen? Could Republicans embrace that and make it a reality? Could they nullify and denude Donald Trump essentially making him powerless moving into the future?

Interesting questions. Earlier, if Republicans had agreed to impeachment him, maybe it could have happened. I think Democrats could have agreed to that at that time.

Now, once Pandora's Box has been opened, can it now be closed? To be honest, I don't think so. The Republican Party has been fatally damaged.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the problem S.W.C., but, as an uninvolved outsider, I fear that finding Trump guilty of trying to overthrow democracy and necessarily jailing him would most certainly unleash violent consequences, not just from his rabid supporters, but from even moderate ones. It would be counter productive and do nothing to heal the widening gulf (as political commentators claim) and divisions.

Sometimes it is necessary to be pragmatic, and try to defuse issues. If that means trump seeming to get away with it by just being banned from standing at the next election, surely all moderate Republicans would accept that? After all, many moderates didn't vote for Trump because they admired him, they simply wanted to keep the alternative out. But you better understand your country, I accept that, and I may simply be mistaken.
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
I see the problem S.W.C., but, as an uninvolved outsider, I fear that finding Trump guilty of trying to overthrow democracy and necessarily jailing him would most certainly unleash violent consequences, not just from his rabid supporters, but from even moderate ones. It would be counter productive and do nothing to heal the widening gulf (as political commentators claim) and divisions.

Sometimes it is necessary to be pragmatic, and try to defuse issues. If that means trump seeming to get away with it by just being banned from standing at the next election, surely all moderate Republicans would accept that? After all, many moderates didn't vote for Trump because they admired him, they simply wanted to keep the alternative out. But you better understand your country, I accept that, and I may simply be mistaken.

I believe the dems must get to the bottom of this crime. I believe we are here because the dems did not do this with Nixon as you are suggesting. Nixon was only caught because his tapes showed he was involved in the entire thing. And dems should have had him go to jail for these crimes. Because the dems did not do this we have Trumps crimes. Again, Clinons were investigated while Bill was president for about 6 years with an ultra-partisan special council with record costs. and again, that was over a land deal investment by Hillary of about USD$70,000.00 that she lost her money. Bill later while president was deposed in a civil matter.

Trump argued that such matters cannot be done while he was president, and the right wing agreed including the supreme idiots. Gee the right wing was for it on the Clintons for 30 years... and now arguing now government matters cannot be held against him/trump after being president. Again, in the usa we argue no-one is above the law. Lock every single person involved in the attack, and all should be charged with murder of a police officer if they conspired in advance.

Last edited by real-human on Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
mac

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
I agree that he is an 'over the top' character who mouths off first and, PERHAPS, only thinks fully of the consequences later. To that extent he was always going to be a bit risky. Most of us know people a bit like that.

What I can't see is how it can ever be ascertained that he DID intend to actually destroy democracy, or if he just went ape with his firm belief (not agreeing he was right) that the election was stolen from him. If the latter, did he really realise what was about to happen ? (Not easy to prove for sure.)

Wouldn't an obvious answer be that his actions and the consequences (intended or otherwise) should just bar him from standing again in the next election. Wouldn't that be an acceptable compromise?

Well, finally some realization that Trump was a cancer on our society and democracy. But we are still left with Trumpism, and the culture of resentment. Look no further than Techno, bristling with anger over the characterization of some on the right as deplorable. People who attack the capitol to subvert an election, and those who urge them to do so are not deplorable? White nationalists who chant "Jews will not replace us" and drive cars into demonstrators are not deplorable? Those are the forces that Trump let out of the box.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
I see the problem, S.W.C. ... But you better understand your country ...

No, GT ... he doesn't show any signs of knowing his country. He might understand California fairly well, but that's not representative of any rational, honest, or well-informed people between LA and NYC. Like the rest of the ideological leftie myrmidons here, he gets his "news" from incredibly biased sources such as CNN, ABCCBSNBC, the LAT, NYT, Jeff Bezos, far left websites, Facebook, etc. They're all afraid to examine facts at the source level, especially videos of pols' lips moving, source documents revealed under the Freedom of Information act, lengthy videos of such events as the Rittenhouse saga, Biden's countless total mental breakdowns, and cold, hard, endless proofs of scores of criminal actions as severe as Hilary's litany -- MANY of them publicly admitted by her because she thinks she's above the law -- of federal crimes.

Last edited by isobars on Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
vientomas

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

During her 2016 presidential campaign, Hillary Clinton warned us that Donald Trump and his "basket of deplorables" were a threat to American democracy. She wasn't a prophet. She was simply offering a reasonable analysis based on the available evidence — and she paid an enormous political price for daring to tell that truth in public.

Two things can be true at the same time. Russian interference may well have played a role in Donald Trump's unlikely electoral victory in 2016. But it is also true that Clinton's truthful but politically unwise comment about the "deplorables" helped to swing the momentum — with the help of an eager and compliant mainstream news media — in Trump's direction.

Clinton's description was in fact about much more than the disreputable people who flocked to Trump's banner. It was also a warning about the regressive politics and antisocial values that Trump's followers represented (and still do), including cruelty, racism and white supremacy, sexism and misogyny, collective narcissism, anti-intellectualism, an infatuation with violence, proud ignorance and support for fascism and authoritarianism...

https://www.salon.com/2021/12/07/hillary-clinton-was-right-about-the-deplorables--and-about-reproductive-rights/
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars, just to get it straight, I don't watch any of those stations you listed for news. Regarding Facebook, I never joined up, so I can't follow it.

So, I'm thinking that your rant sounds a bit foolish. It's nothing but anti-liberal canned nonsense from the right.

But, you are right about one thing. I'm a Californian.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techno says the country is going down the toilet under Biden.

I did not know Techno was an expert on feces in toilets? Trump is the biggest pile of lying dog shit to walk the planet. Thanks to him we are the most divided since the civil war. We have sitting congressmen attacking their colleagues with death threats, We have pilots in fist fights over politics. We are in discord. The United” states is an absurdity, an oxymoron under Trump. We are ridiculous. Nothing will ever be united under his autocracy. His goal is division, hatred, loathing, abomination, the breakup of the United States. His design is selfishness by birth. His intent is, the permanently - NON United States.

Techno must not understand the greatest generation. He must not understand honor, dignity, sacrifice, the purpose of truth. The definition of morality. The reality of permanent discord under Trumps tyranny. Techno must like cruelty and despots. He uses his pseudo Christian beliefs in reverse, towards the buttocks.

GT is correct that Trump offers nothing. Techno is flawed in his toilet expertise. By the way, Isobars is a lunatic. Red meat and butter are good for the heart? Hydroxy and ivermectin are better than a booster shot? There isn’t a hospital system on the planet that doesn't recommend a covid vaccine and a booster. He trusted his doctors to pump 10 different unknown (to him) chemicals into his blood, just to put him under so a medical team could do a simple knee operation. A simple procedure in a sterile, masked environment to protect Isobars from THEIR germs. A non selfish act. Yet he’s afraid of THEIR vaccine. What a fucking selfish whining wimp.
coachg

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Influenza is a much more deadly disease. Get your priorities straight, fearmonger.

Sorry Iso, you have zero credibility when it comes to "biased". All you do is parrot Faux News, OAN or Newsmax.

Coachg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: