myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Twitter new owner a liar, Trump had preferential treatment
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/san-francisco-da-slams-elon-musk-during-arrest-announcement-in-cash-app-founder-murder/ar-AA19Q739?cvid=6e44c2f0cd734754d3376c2f493d11a7&ocid=winp2fptaskbarhover&ei=7

San Francisco DA slams Elon Musk during arrest announcement in Cash App founder murder

Quote:

San Francisco authorities announced an arrest in the stabbing death of Cash App founder Bob Lee Thursday, more than a week after another man allegedly stabbed him in the ribs near the Bay Bridge.

I promise. That my office will continue the fight to

During the announcement, as authorities sought to reassure the public that police are well-equipped to handle homicide investigations, District Attorney Brooke Jenkins twice took aim at Elon Musk, the former Silicon Valley tech titan who relocated to Texas.

After San Francisco Police Chief Bill Scott confirmed that the suspect, 38-year-old Nima Momeni, knew Lee, Jenkins switched gears and knocked the Tesla founder's tweets on the tragedy.

"While we're not going to release any additional facts at this time, I must point out that reckless and irresponsible statements like those contained in Mr. Musk's tweet that assumed incorrect circumstances about Mr. Lee's death serve to mislead the world in their perceptions of San Francisco and also negatively impact the pursuit of justice for victims of crime as it spreads misinformation at a time when the police are trying to solve a very difficult case," she said.

real-human

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/technology/elon-musk-s-dad-says-his-son-s-whole-career-was-funded-by-that-emerald-mine/ar-AA1abAVS?ocid=winp2fptaskbarhover&cvid=8a78736805524e958ab6cb5d08abaac7&ei=34

Elon Musk's Dad Says His Son's Whole Career Was Funded by That Emerald Mine

Quote:
You know that supposed Musk family-owned emerald mine that Elon has recently been saying is just a rumor, despite previously saying on record that the mine definitely existed?

In recent months, Elon Musk has backtracked on previous claims that his family owned part of an emerald mine. But according to his dad? The mine was real.
In recent months, Elon Musk has backtracked on previous claims that his family owned part of an emerald mine. But according to his dad? The mine was real.
© Provided by Futurism
"I will pay a million Dogecoin for proof of this mine's existence!" Musk tweeted earlier this month, similarly complaining back in January that "the fake emerald mine thing is so annoying (sigh)."
Well, according to Errol Musk, the unsurprisingly eccentric — and in one major way, extremely creepy — father of Elon, the mine definitely exists. And come to think of it, he'll take that Dogecoin, thanks!

"When I read that, I wondered, 'Can I enter, because I can prove it existed," Errol told The Sun in a new interview, referring to his son's Dogecoin tweet. "Elon knows it's true. All the kids know about it."

"Elon saw them (the emeralds) at our house," he added. "He knew I was selling them."

The emerald mine is a particularly strange piece of Muskian lore — not strange due to the mine's existence per se, but because of Elon's more recent decision to suddenly and completely backtrack on his previous claims.

Per his new Sun interview, however, Errol seems intent on setting the record straight, explaining to the tabloid that he happened upon the Italian owner of the mine at a Zambian airstrip that said Italian also owned. The Italian apparently told Errol that he paid Zambian locals to dig for the gems, and Errol decided to go into business with the gentleman (you know, as one does.)

Tesla investors claim Elon Musk is too distracted

"What Elon is saying is that there was no formal mine. It was a rock formation protruding from the ground in the middle of nowhere," Errol told the tabloid, noting that he kept his involvement with the operation "under the table."

"There was no mining company. There are no signed agreements or financial statements," he explained. "No one owned anything. The deal was done on a handshake with the Italian man at a time when Zambia was a free for all."

Errol went as far as to say that emerald money paid for his son's move to the US, where Elon would go on to attend the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton Business School on scholarship — with, apparently, emerald-generated cash in his pocket for living expenses. In other words, according to the senior Musk, it sounds a lot like Elon's entire road to wealth and fame beyond South Africa was paved with Zambian emeralds.

"During that time," said Errol, speaking to Elon's college years, "I managed to send money I made from emerald sales to him and [Elon's brother, Kimbal Musk] for living expenses."

Look, Errol isn't at all a capital Good Dude, and the Musk family is seemingly pretty strained. But somehow, "I met a random Italian on an airstrip and got into emerald mining from there" seems to check out for these folks, and some clarity on behalf of the world's second-richest man — who doesn't exactly have the soundest relationship to truth himself — would be welcome.

And as for why Errol thinks his son won't just admit that the mine was real?

"Elon's main concern is not to appear to be a 'trust fund kid' who got everything given to him on a plate," Errol told the tabloid, though did add that the belief that his son was born with a silver — or, well, emerald — spoon in his mouth "isn't true."

"Elon took risks and worked like blazes to be where he is today. The emeralds helped us through a very trying time in South Africa, when people were fleeing the country in droves, including his mother's whole family, and earning opportunities were at an all-time low," he continued. "That's all."

real-human

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/texas-dps-refutes-elon-musk-and-far-right-psy-ops-claim-by-confirming-allen-shooter-had-neo-nazi-ideation-tattoos/ar-AA1b0nzB?cvid=947f1f7b79ca48b1f2a83ee0beb6997c&ocid=winp2fptaskbarhover&ei=6

Texas DPS Refutes Elon Musk and Far-Right ‘Psy Ops’ Claim By Confirming Allen Shooter Had ‘Neo-Nazi Ideation,’ Tattoos

Quote:

The regional director of the Texas Department of Safety poked a huge hole in claims put forth by right-wingers who have doubted the reported neo-Nazi affiliations of the Allen Premium Outlets shooter.

Hank Sibley held a press conference on Tuesday to give an update into the ongoing investigation of Mauricio Garcia, the deceased 33-year-old former security guard who carried out the massacre. After addressing Garcia’s expulsion from the military over mental health concerns and the investigation into his weapons, the Texas DPS official said “we don’t know” what was the motive behind the shooting.

“We do know that he had Neo-Nazi ideation,” Sibley added. “He had patches, he had tattoos, even his signature verified that. That’s one thing we do know. We’re trying to get into his computer and on social media and find out whether he had anything that he publicized.”

In the days since the shooting, multiple reports on Garcia have described an online history where he consumed and contributed to neo-Nazi content, and held an interest in white supremacy. Bellingcat’s Aric Toler located what seemed to be Garcia’s account on the Russian-language social network site Odnoklassniki (where content isn’t moderated), which contains threats of violence, pictures of Garcia’s Nazi tattoos and other kinds of disturbing material.

Sibley’s confirmation that Garcia draped himself in neo-Nazism would seem to contradict Elon Musk and those on the far-right who doubted the previous reports and claimed that the whole thing might have been a “psy op.”

real-human

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://businessinsider.mx/elon-musk-twitter-sitter-tesla-tweets-funding-secured-judges-2023-5/?r=US&IR=T

Elon Musk still needs a ‘Twitter sitter’ to review Tesla tweets, judges rule

Quote:
Elon Musk has lost an appeal to get rid of his "Twitter sitter" for tweets about Tesla.
In 2018, Musk agreed that his Tesla-related tweets would be reviewed by other company executives.
Musk had been fighting back against the clause, saying it violated his freedom of speech.
Elon Musk has lost an appeal against an SEC agreement that landed him with a "Twitter Sitter."

A judge previously found Musk to have made "false and misleading" statements when he said he had "funding secured" to take Tesla private at $420 a share, per Reuters.

real-human

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/savingandinvesting/elon-musk-makes-serious-accusations-against-george-soros/ar-AA1bgyZv?ocid=winp2fptaskbarhover&cvid=7f760e9111524368960d52fd55a45c0a&ei=14

Elon Musk Makes Serious Accusations Against George Soros

Quote:

The knives are out.

Elon Musk has just launched one of his sharpest attacks against one of his opponents: his peer billionaire George Soros.

Until Dec. 31 the legendary financier and big donor to the Democratic Party was still a major shareholder in Tesla. He held 132,046 shares as of Dec. 31, valued then at nearly $16.27 million, according to Securities and Exchange Commission filings.

The world's most famous short-seller had started acquiring Tesla shares in second-quarter 2022. The investment showed that Soros, who is betting on electric-vehicle dominance by investing in upstarts like Rivian (RIVN) - Get Free Report and Lucid Motors (LCID) - Get Free Report, believed the promises of Elon Musk and Tesla (TSLA) - Get Free Report, the world leaders in the sector.

During the three quarters in which Soros held Tesla shares through his Soros Fund Management, Musk rarely attacked him even though the two men diverge politically.

Since last year, Musk has made a shift to the right. Even as he considers himself moderate or at the center-right on the political spectrum, the serial entrepreneur has become one of the most vocal critics of progressive ideologies and more specifically of what he calls the "woke mind virus."

This last expression brings together everything related to gender equality, diversity, the fight against discrimination, racism and antisemitism, and ESG, or environmental-social-governance policy. Basically, Musk opposes everything that Soros supports.

Soros and Musk at Two Ends of New Culture War
Through his Open Society Foundations, Soros funds many progressive causes and NGOs worldwide. OSF, a network of entities with operations across the globe, has set itself the goal of promoting democracy, human rights and press freedom.

Open Society Foundations is one of the world's richest foundations, along with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, which allots billions to promote public health and development.

Soros and Musk are at the two ends of the new culture war.

These differences had never been a problem when it came to business, as shown by Soros's investment in Tesla. Both Musk and Soros are ardent defenders of the environment and both advocate a sustainable energy economy, even if the methods they put forward differ.

But a change has occurred this year. Musk started attacking Soros. In January, for example, Musk asked him if he knew where his money was going, a provocative way of wondering whether Soros, 92, was still capable of making sensible decisions.

"Do you actually know where your money is going?" Musk asked Soros on Jan. 16.

He escalated that line of attack last month by claiming that Soros, who has five children -- sons Alexander, Jonathan, Robert and Gregory and daughter Andrea -- is in fact no longer calling the shots. He no longer makes decisions.

Musk says Soros doesn't really know where his money is going because one of this sons has become the boss in place of his father. This is what Musk claimed, without giving any evidence.

"I am told that his son is de facto in charge," Musk asserted on April 9.

'Soros Hates Humanity'
It turns out that during this time, Soros had decided to cut all ties to Musk.

According to a recent regulatory filing, the financier liquidated all his Tesla shares. Soros is no longer a Tesla shareholder as of March 31. What prompted Soros to sell his Tesla position is unclear, but it's important to note that Tesla's stock price rebounded 68.4% in the first three months of the year, after the group published sparkling results on Jan. 25, with a 2022 net profit of $12.6 billion.

Based on averages, Soros lost $9.8 million. This scenario assumes that he acquired Tesla shares at the average price per quarter and also sold them at the average price in the last quarter.

Only a few days after the divestiture became public, Musk has launched an angry attack against Soros. He accuses Soros of hating humanity.

"Soros reminds me of Magneto," Musk tweeted on May 15, referring to the super-villain or the anti-hero in the Marvel Comics universe.

Magneto is a powerful mutant, belonging to a fictional subspecies of humans born with superhuman abilities, who has the ability to generate and control magnetic fields. He is the sworn enemy of the group of superheroic mutants named the X-Men.

He views mutants as evolutionarily superior to humans and dismisses the possibility of peaceful coexistence between humans and mutants. He first wanted to take over the world to allow mutants, whom he refers to as superior homo, to replace humans as the dominant species.

The writers have since fleshed out his origins and motivations, revealing that he is a Holocaust survivor, whose extreme methods and cynical philosophy stem from his determination to protect mutants from a similar fate at the hands of a fearful world.

"Magneto's experiences during the Holocaust as a survivor shaped his perspective as well as his depth and empathy," commented journalist Brian Krassenstein, who regularly interacts with Musk on the platform. "Soros, also a Holocaust survivor, gets attacked nonstop for his good intentions, which some Americans think are bad merely because they disagree with his political affiliations."

"You assume they are good intentions," Musk responded. "They are not. He wants to erode the very fabric of civilization."

He then added: "Soros hates humanity."

Enemy of the American Right
Soros did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The 92-year-old billionaire is Jewish and of Hungarian origin. He's accused, falsely and without evidence, of being the mastermind of almost all the crises that shake the planet.

Lately, the entire American right has accused him, without evidence, of being the instigator of the indictment of Donald Trump, the first former president to be arrested in U.S. history.

Trump was arraigned on April 4. He was accused by Manhattan prosecutors of orchestrating a hush-money scheme to help pave his path to the presidency and then covering it up while he was in the White House.

He was indicted on 34 felony counts and appeared in a Manhattan courtroom. Trump pleaded not guilty in the case.

For the former president, who is running in the 2024 presidential election, it is a setup by Soros, who "handpicked and funded" the Manhattan district attorney, Alvin L. Bragg.

Soros has denied the accusations.

But that doesn't stop conspiracy theorists and Trump from saying that Soros is leading an elite group that wants to keep the former Republican president from coming to power again.

Musk's unsubstantiated accusations will no doubt fuel this theory and spawn other conspiracy scenarios with Soros as the villain.

real-human

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.reuters.com/legal/us-virgin-islands-subpoenaed-elon-musk-jeffrey-epstein-litigation-2023-05-15/

Elon Musk documents subpoenaed in Jeffrey Epstein lawsuit by US Virgin Islands

real-human

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a nice work place Elon runs... He leads by example and loves his racists. Thus another right wing hero...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/rampant-racism-alleged-by-black-workers-at-california-tesla-plant/ar-AA1ci0VL?ocid=winp2fptaskbarhover&cvid=3e2a0276899444a89683efc55fd27733&ei=45

Rampant racism alleged by Black workers at California Tesla plant

Quote:
Tesla may face a class-action lawsuit after 240 Black factory workers in California described rampant racism and discrimination at the electric automaker's San Francisco Bay Area plant, including frequent use of racial slurs and references to the manufacturing site as a plantation or slave ship.

The testimonies filed Monday in Alameda County Superior Court come from contractors and employees who worked on the production floor of the factory in Fremont, roughly 40 miles southeast of San Francisco. The vast majority worked at the site between 2016 and now.

Lawyers suing Tesla, Inc. say class action status is being sought and estimate at least 6,000 workers could be part of the class.

The individual testimonies are part of a 2017 lawsuit brought by Marcus Vaughn, who complained in writing to human resources and to Tesla CEO Elon Musk of a hostile work environment in which he was called slurs by co-workers and supervisors. No investigation was conducted and he was fired for "not having a positive attitude," according to his lawyers.

In April, a federal jury awarded another former Tesla employee $3.2 million for racial abuse he suffered. Owen Diaz alleged he was called the "n-word" more than 30 times, shown racist cartoons and told to "go back to Africa" during his roughly nine-month tenure at Tesla that ended in 2016.

Continue reading

real-human

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://jezebel.com/elon-musk-suggests-childless-people-should-lose-the-rig-1850602315?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&link_id=17&can_id=fec359fcb3d975820be588c8a5b7cffa&email_referrer=email_1980260&email_subject=melanias-top-aide-dishes-on-trumps-crimes

Elon Musk Suggests 'Childless' People Should Lose the Right to Vote

Quote:
People without children "have little stake in the future," says the right-wing billionaire whose own daughter said she doesn't want to be related to him.

Image for article titled Elon Musk Suggests 'Childless' People Should Lose the Right to Vote
Photo: Bloomberg (Getty Images)
Elon Musk, the right-wing billionaire and deadbeat dad who’s hellbent on destroying Twitter, has now outright opposed suffrage for people who don’t have kids.

On Saturday, the Tesla CEO responded to a series of fearmongering tweets blaming the spread of Islam in France on women voters. He wrote, “The childless have little stake in the future.”

also

Quote:
Elon Musk suggests "childless" people should lose the right to vote
People without children "have little stake in the future," the right-wing, billionaire tech bozo opined. Lest you think this was a casual, late-night tweet, in recent years Musk has also blamed people who don’t have kids for the supposed collapse of society, attacked birth control and abortion rights, fired Tesla workers who take parental leave, railed against programs for federally subsidized child care, laid off employees mid-IVF cycle, and all but eliminated the company’s once-generous IVF coverage. For the record, Musk has *ten* children — five via IVF — so it's pretty clear that he just doesn't want other people to have kids. Or the right to vote, apparently.

real-human

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elon threatens to sue Meta for stealing "trade secrets" by hiring his ex-staff to build their new Twitter competitor

Quote:

Now, we aren't big time geniuses like Elon Musk, but maybe unceremoniously firing 80% of the Twitter staff and cheating them out of their severance pay was not the smartest idea. Did the billionaire tech bozo think all those highly employable folks were just never going to work again?

real-human

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears Elon would not turn over trumps tweets when subpoenaed to do so by Smiths team and was fined over 300,000.00 dollars for not doing so. So he tried to protect Trumps hate.

Once again I called it from the get go... I profiled him perfectly...

ft.com/content/9823dd8c-0eae-41d9-83ab-f145817104cd

Elon Musk’s X fined after fighting US warrant for release of Donald Trump’s Twitter records

Quote:

Please use the sharing tools found via the share button at the top or side of articles. Copying articles to share with others is a breach of FT.com T&Cs and Copyright Policy. Email licensing@ft.com to buy additional rights. Subscribers may share up to 10 or 20 articles per month using the gift article service. More information can be found at https://www.ft.com/tour.
https://www.ft.com/content/9823dd8c-0eae-41d9-83ab-f145817104cd

Elon Musk’s X, formerly known as Twitter, was fined $350,000 after missing a deadline for complying with a secret search warrant for Donald Trump’s account as part of a US Department of Justice investigation into the former president.

According to an order by an appeals court on Wednesday, X was served with the search warrant earlier this year, as part of the investigation into potential interference with the peaceful transfer of power after the 2020 presidential election and the storming of the US Capitol by Trump supporters on January 6 2021.

The DoJ’s search warrant directed X to produce data and records related to Trump’s @realdonaldtrump Twitter account, which he frequently used as a megaphone to communicate directly to his millions of followers throughout his presidency.

But X failed to comply with the request from the team led by special counsel Jack Smith until three days after the court-ordered deadline, according to the order, and produced only an incomplete set of records on deadline.

The delay came as X unsuccessfully tried to litigate against a non-disclosure order that prohibited it from saying anything publicly about the warrant, the filing said. The company said the non-disclosure order infringed on its right to free speech under the First Amendment.

A lower court found there were “reasonable grounds to believe” that notifying Trump “would seriously jeopardise” Smith’s investigation by giving him “an opportunity to destroy evidence, change patterns of behaviour, [or] notify confederates”, according to the legal filing.

The lower court also said there was reason to believe the ex-president would “flee from prosecution”, but the government later said it had “errantly included flight from prosecution as a predicate” in its request, the court document said.

Following X’s $350,000 payment, the lower court in June allowed the company to alert Trump of the warrant with some limitations, since information on probes targeting the ex-president had become public.

The fine for contempt of court comes as billionaire entrepreneur Musk, who bought Twitter for $44bn in October, has reduced the platform’s workforce from 7,500 to about 1,500 as part of a cost-cutting exercise, causing disruption internally and raising concerns that multiple teams have been left understaffed. The company has come under scrutiny for cutting compliance staff in particular, which has raised concerns among some global regulators.

Trump’s Twitter account was suspended after the January 6 riots. But Musk, a self-described free-speech absolutist, restored it when he took over the company. Trump, who is spearheading rival social media site Truth Social, has not yet resumed posting on the site.

The former president was arraigned in a Washington court last week on four criminal counts, including conspiring to defraud the US and to obstruct a government proceeding, in the second case to be brought by Smith’s office.

Smith, who was appointed by US attorney-general Merrick Garland to oversee probes involving the former president, in June obtained a separate indictment accusing him of mishandling sensitive government material. The ex-president was also charged with falsifying business records in a case brought by the Manhattan district attorney in April.

The frontrunner for the Republican presidential nomination in 2024, Trump has pleaded not guilty in all three criminal cases and has called legal challenges against him a “witch hunt”.

Trump said in a Truth Social post after the court order was unsealed: “Just found out that Crooked Joe Biden’s DOJ secretly attacked my Twitter account, making it a point not to let me know about this major ‘hit’ on my civil rights. My Political Opponent is going CRAZY trying to infringe on my Campaign for President.”

The DoJ and X declined to comment.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: