myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Naish Windsurf Board ID

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trebor_HI

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:43 pm    Post subject: Naish Windsurf Board ID Reply with quote

Hi All,
I was given a Naish windsurf board and I would like to identify the year of manufacture. It's a Naish Pro Wave US IIII 95 Liter
The serial number is: NAP9506050015
Can anyone help me out?
Thanks!
dllee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post pic ...nobody reads the serial numbers
coachg

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, a pic would be helpful. On modern Naish serial numbers the two digits following the NA is the year the board was produced, the volume comes later.

Coachg
Trebor_HI

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attached a picture. Think it's been hanging in the rafter's for a lot of years but seems to be okay.

naish.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  434.08 KB
 Viewed:  1405 Time(s)

naish.jpg

coachg

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the graphics & the serials number that is probably a 2006. Naish boards around 2006-2008 used those same graphics.

Coachg
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, lucky you. I've owned and loved many Naish wave boards over the last 25 years. Almost every one has been a mind reader in terms of handling. Mind you, I don't sail straight lines (except when driving upwind after playing off the wind) and I don't have ready access to true down-the line (DTL) wave sailing, but between those extremes I love to turn turn turn at full power and full speed in anything from chop to the biggest swell the Gorge can gin up. About the time I think of ripping off a sharp turn, I've (almost) always found Naish waves to stay a step ahead of me. Before I can complete the thought, the board has already done it. None of them has ever pearled on me driving downwind in big swell.

The only exception, the "almost", was a big yellow-flamed predecessor to your model. Nothing wrong with it; it just didn't want to slash like my others. (It wasn't the size that impaired its slashing ability, as my rare 2014 Naish Wave 95 is an astounding slasher.)

They aren't drag racers, they ride more like a Corvette than a Cadillac, and they aren't skatey sliders like today's dedicated freestylers. Without researching yours in my old WSing mags, I'm pretty safe saying yours will work very well under anything from 4.5 to 7.0. Put a good wave fin on it and power it up (wave boards are power hungry in anything less than DTL sailing) and enjoy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: