myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Sailing at Ocean Beach?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulkorzycki

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2000 3:55 pm    Post subject: Sailing at Ocean Beach? Reply with quote

Anyone ever sail at Ocean Beach, West of SF? I saw a few guys sailing there a few weeks ago, but when I tried to go out this weekend, I couldnt get past the surf. It was a nice day, but no one else was sailing. Im just trying to get started with wave sailing, is there a better spot?
stoffel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2000 5:42 pm    Post subject: RE: Sailing at Ocean Beach? Reply with quote

I also saw some guys sailing on
Ocean Beach last Saturday. I would
like to know when are the conditions
right for Ocean Beach. Can I use the
Crissy Field sensor to figure the
wind at Ocean Beach?

Waddell Creek is a very good wave
sailing place. Unfortunately I have to
drive 1 hour or more to Waddell Creek.

Stefan
sunsetwindsurfer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2000 6:31 pm    Post subject: a few tips for sailig Ocean Beach? Reply with quote

Sail Ob at high tide. this will give you more flat water to develop speed prior to sailing upwind through the impact zone. also rig big and use a larger fin. power is everything when sailing on shore winds. watch for blowing sand on the beach when determing if there is enough wind to sail. the wind must easily blow sand on the beach for ob to be good. have fun.
dgrissom

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2000 2:23 pm    Post subject: Dont do it!! Reply with quote

Paul,

Dont do it!!

If you are just getting started with wave sailing, you do NOT want to try OB. The wind is too onshore, many holes, and the shore break is treacherous. Make the drive south where you can have some fun. Some rare winter south wind days work at OB, but few and far between.

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: