myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Anyone ever sailed Hull Gut in Mass.?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shreddbob

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2000 8:38 am    Post subject: Anyone ever sailed Hull Gut in Mass.? Reply with quote

Just wondering if it is too dangerous. From shore it looks like a mini gorge when the wind is from the NW and the tide is flowing out against the wind. But I fear the current may be too severe. Anyone ever tried here? Thanks.

--Bob A.
windwardpartners

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2000 9:45 pm    Post subject: RE: Anyone ever sailed Hull Gut in Mass.? Reply with quote

Hull Gut is VERY sailable, but only in decent wind. Current -- actually tidal flow -- is strong, which makes for good bump/jump when wind and tide oppose. Same strong current will (if wind dies) take you places you dont want to go. Primary risk is heavy boat traffic at times ... Sail smart.

PS Ask iWindsurf site for info on Hull Gut already provided to them, but not posted.
DrWind

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2000 12:24 pm    Post subject: RE: Anyone ever sailed Hull Gut in Mass.? Reply with quote

Yup,

Many years back. It actually quite fun. You just need to catch it when the tide is going out. Unfortunately I live in CT now, so my trips to Boston have diminished quite a bit. I would rank Hull Gut pretty highly on my list of sailing spots.

Lars
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: