myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
MISTRAL is BAD, Very BAD
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
realkitty

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2000 10:20 am    Post subject: RE: MISTRAL is BAD, Very BAD Reply with quote

It sounds like you believe that Mistral has no right to actually place a time limit on their warranty. Two year old children have a delusion of being omnipotent, and that no rules apply to them.
realkitty

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2000 11:03 am    Post subject: RE: MISTRAL is BAD, Very BAD Reply with quote

Seriously though, Mistral did appear to have a bad batch of boards during the time you are writing about, namely the light green ones. I have heard of a number of people who had warranty claims that were handled to their satisfaction, many of them upgraded their boards to customs (the blue ones) for about $200 and are more than satisfied.
Friday

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2000 5:32 pm    Post subject: RE: MISTRAL is BAD, Very BAD Reply with quote

Agreed, there was a sour batch of Mistrals. I quite literally demo-ed a 99 Flow in East Baja. I buckled it in about 20 minutes... and I was just learning to waterstart!
jibemeister

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2000 4:54 pm    Post subject: RE: MISTRAL is BAD, Very BAD Reply with quote

I am a government employee and I am very familiar with warranty issues. I believe when you purchased your Mistral it came with a warranty for a specific amount of time. If during that warranty period the product should need repair or replacement then Mistral has a specific amount of time to repair or replace the item. In California this period of time is 30 days. If Mistral replaces the item you do not recieve a brand new warranty, only what remains of the original purchase warranty. One thing Mistarl is obligated to do is extend the warranty however long it takes them to replace or repair the item. In other words your warranty is not ticking away while they make up their mind what they are going to do.

Each state has their own lemon laws. In California we have the Song-Beverly Warranty Consumer Act, Calif. Civil Code Section 1790. Their is also a federal warranty law called the Magnuson Moss Act.

In California you have recourse back to the selling dealer under Song-Beverly.

I had a warranty issue with F2 and found NorthSports (the same distributor for Mistral) to be very expeditous in handling my warranty claim. I think e-mail and a digital camera helped speed up the process. The whole process took less than two weeks.
spennie

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2000 10:35 pm    Post subject: RE: MISTRAL is BAD, Very BAD Reply with quote

Had a similar experience with Mistral, also a 260. Solution? AHD 262!
jfjfjfjf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2000 6:36 pm    Post subject: RE: MISTRAL is BAD, Very BAD Reply with quote

Im not a government employee and my wife has said I have a mind of a two year-old so I guess I shouldnt have been surprised that Mistral wouldnt consider doing anything for my hardly used soggy foot pad area 1995 Stinger 265 that was one week out of warranty but had the same problem as described as well as many others of the same type they produced that year especially since they just replaced a 1995 Screamer that was 2 months into the warranty and fell apart on me free of charge. How are you supposed to recycle these things if Mistral wont do it? Coffee tables?
wemorgan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2000 12:09 am    Post subject: RE: MISTRAL is BAD, Very BAD Reply with quote

I had a Mistral Flow 260 that went soft between footpads. I was right at the end of the warranty period and had used the board heavily during the year (70+ days).

I returned it to the dealer in Hood River (Big Winds) and was told I could have my pick of a comparable new board since the Flow 260 was no longer made.

I demoed many boards and eventually ;icked a new one. The only hassle was demoing boards for two weeks.

I chaulk up the treatment to a good dealer that stands behind their gear and a dealer with clout at North Sports.
spyder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2000 7:46 pm    Post subject: RE: MISTRAL is BAD, Very BAD Reply with quote

My buddy had the same problem with his Screamer..a green one.
Delamd and soft . Useless.
Matter o fact no shop will get within 100 feet of it, they know its a defective product.

He now is very happy with his Maui North Shore. I dont think he will ever go back to Mistral.

It is clear to me from all of the soggy board posts, that Mistral had a defective product, and they sidestepped the customers and moved on to the new boards. Too bad for the little guy...its a crummy way of doing business.
breakwnd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2000 11:16 am    Post subject: RE: MISTRAL is BAD, Very BAD Reply with quote

I rented a green Flow in Maui, buckled the first day. At least HISS only charged me 280 usd which is certainly better than buying one and bending over deeply. Unfortunately, my wife did not understand the good side of these economics.
SKudenov

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2000 4:58 pm    Post subject: RE: MISTRAL is BAD, Very BAD Reply with quote

In the late 90s I bought a Mistral product... for the last time. It was a transitional board. On the maiden voyage one of the daggerboard gasket strips ripped off,taking some board skin with it. Thinking it was a fluke... I had WindN Wave get me another strip. Next time out...the other strip came off. Does Mistral ever test their designs on the water before releasing them to production? I heard a rumor that WN W actually went bankrupt over a legal issue with Mistral. Any truth to that?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: