myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
This East Coast weather SUCKS!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hamblett

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2000 7:10 pm    Post subject: This East Coast weather SUCKS!!! Reply with quote

There has been rain for what seems to be over 2 weeks straight here in DC. Im DYING when I see that Nagshead, Avon and Waves are getting terrific SW sessions something like 3 days a week!

I HAVE to get on the water soon! Im getting sick of watching my windsurfing videos on the couch. I want some practice time BAD but work and priorities are calling. AAARRRGGG!!!

Is it just me or is this just one of the anxieties that goes along with the lifestyle of a windsurfer?
fromIndy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2000 8:31 pm    Post subject: RE: This East Coast weather SUCKS!!! Reply with quote

No it not just you. Sunday morning it got windy here in Indianapolis but I had a few things to do,didnt get to the water until two pm got rig and was ready when it started raining and wind shut down.Learned a lesson when there is wind,stop what youre doing and go.Because it may not last all day.
wave777

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2000 11:13 pm    Post subject: RE: This East Coast weather SUCKS!!! Reply with quote

Move to the west coast. But to be honest I live an hour from hood river and I still have problems with anxiety when I cant sail. Work is work where ever you are. I guess I do have it a little better when there isnt work though.
telsacoil

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2000 3:51 pm    Post subject: RE: This East Coast weather SUCKS!!! Reply with quote

You are so TRUE. I live up in Mass and windsurf in CT and Ive only gotten to the beach twice, once it was dead no wind, and then last week it barely blew but I did get out and another windsurfer was there but thats all.
Otherwise its been complete rain , I swear you think we live in britain. This time last year I had been out almost every weekend. I gotta move to Hatteras.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: