myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Turn off the Banner ads for wireless members?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gavin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2000 4:43 pm    Post subject: Turn off the Banner ads for wireless members? Reply with quote

How about turning off the Banner ads for wireless members. I pay $15/month which is $180 a year for the pager service, the banner ads are obnoxious.
art

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2000 5:59 pm    Post subject: RE: Turn off the Banner ads for wireless members? Reply with quote

What would you rather have:

(a) Wireless membership at $15 with ads?.
(b) Wireless membership at $45 with no ads?

Cant you see that the only way to make this service remotely affordable is to subsidize with advertising? Its like writing to your cable TV company and complaining about the advertising. We subscribe the their service dont we? Or, try going to a professional ballgame and complain about the ads plastered on the outfield fence. Theyd say fine, well take the ads down....and your ticket price is now double. Now that would be obnoxious, but thats what you are asking for. Think about it.
mgmitch

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2000 6:15 pm    Post subject: RE: Turn off the Banner ads for wireless members? Reply with quote

I agree. I also am a paying wireless member (3 years now) and would like to be rid of the annoying banners. While theyre at it, lets put a limit on the # of FREE members so the site isnt so slow at times!!!

Mark Mitchell
Keith

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2000 6:46 pm    Post subject: RE: Turn off the Banner ads for wireless members? Reply with quote

I subscribe to Windsurfing Magazine. They should take all of their advertising out as well.
berky

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2000 2:30 pm    Post subject: RE: Turn off the Banner ads for wireless members? Reply with quote

Im truly baffled by these threads. If you dont like the service, vote with your feet, leave, get your wind info somewhere else that doesnt have any advertisers. That or get a job so you have less time for looking at banner adds on pagers and websites. You may also want to close your eyes for the rest of your life. Because as I see it, advertising in this country is proliferating not decreasing.

Im sure China would suit you folks...
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2000 4:55 pm    Post subject: RE: Turn off the Banner ads for wireless members? Reply with quote

Damn! I hadnt noticed the ads til you brought them up. Im too busy looking at data to notice the ads, especially among the square foot or so of borders Windows plasters all over my screen. In progressing from an old Mac with a 21 monitor to a PC with a little 19 monitor, I seem to have lost 50-60% of my data real estate. WINDOWS and its damn 1 borders around everything are much more intrusive than a banner ad.

Mike
joeyyyy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2000 2:04 am    Post subject: RE: Turn off the Banner ads for wireless members? Reply with quote

Yucko!! Mac User!!
My gosh!! I thought you of all people with all your wisdom would know how to change and make custom your windows and the borders that they came with.
as for banners, yeah,, same as you I didnt notice them TILL NOW!!
thanks alot.......
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2000 9:02 am    Post subject: RE: Turn off the Banner ads for wireless members? Reply with quote

Naaah ... my wysdom is confined manely too speling and typppping. Butt Il get this friggggin PeeCee fuguredd owt yett.

Mike
joeyyyy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2000 9:06 pm    Post subject: RE: Turn off the Banner ads for wireless members? Reply with quote

now that was a very cheap shot!!
cacca

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2000 8:24 am    Post subject: RE: Turn off the Banner ads for wireless members? Reply with quote

Burpy:
Vote with your feet.. Well big boy n(You dont yet qualify as a fat bastard, but your getting close.)We signed-up for our service BEFORE the new banner adds appeared. I think the fat bastards hoodwinnked us all. Im expecting a check in the mail from Jim and Fill anytime. And whats this perseveration of yours with work? I say work less and ditch the banner adds.(Hopefully you have a good paying (w/taxes) job to help (support) those of us less driven .

cacca
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: