myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Landsurfing
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmullins

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2000 1:35 pm    Post subject: Landsurfing Reply with quote

Anyone here have a landsurfer? I hear theyre useful for learning advanced moves (jibes, etc.). A good alternative for practicing stuff on those (around here, plentiful) light wind days?
joeyyyy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2000 2:38 am    Post subject: RE: Landsurfing Reply with quote

Yeah, I met My wife while Wind-skating (bolted sail to skateboard).
Lots of fun. I used to go to santa monica beach to windskate the bike path.
You should see the look I get from the bikers when I pass them doing about triple their speed.
total rush but the wind shadows (i.e. behind buildings) can be hard to recover from.
Still a total rush!!!
I didnt wear a harness though (thats suicide)..
plumeria

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2000 1:08 pm    Post subject: RE: Landsurfing Reply with quote

Im sure you have an interesting story to tell Smile Did you crash into her on her rollerblades?

Maybe I should learn too ^_^

peter
bmullins

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2000 1:56 pm    Post subject: RE: Landsurfing Reply with quote

Did some more research into this and decided its definitely worth trying. Check out this link and see what these crazy Germans are pulling off. Moves include vulcans, backwind fakes, sex on the board, and a lot of jibes Ive never heard of before....

www.streetsurfing.de
wfuller

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2000 7:44 pm    Post subject: RE: Landsurfing Reply with quote

I landsail on a Terra Sailer 130 and absolutely love the thing.
Warren
joeyyyy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2000 11:20 pm    Post subject: RE: Landsurfing Reply with quote

Cool Site.....
I like the Slam36~1, Totaly cool...
joeyyyy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2000 11:47 pm    Post subject: RE: Landsurfing Reply with quote

No I didnt crash into her, but I liked what I saw so used every line in the book till I scored. At first I thought I landed a nice piece of yellow tail, then found myself getting landed in a church.
but back to windskating, I must say that all your tricky moves (except jumps etc.) are easy to learn and master. very fun to do.
just buy or make a skateboard, drill hole near front trucks, bolt mast base universal to it and presto. now your shreddin it on the hard top.
Sail Hard Sail Safe.
joeyyyyyyyyyyyy
joeyyyy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2000 5:16 pm    Post subject: RE: Landsurfing Reply with quote

I use the 5.0 myself, and as far as wind:
Well, never really measured it.
I think it to be near about 10 or even less. dont need much wind at all.

as for a skateboard, I used a std skateboard in the begining, then built one just for it, and it is 36 long, and 11 wide. has 6 trucks on 1 spacers.

I dont know about the off road skate, but I would try it. any skate will work though.

I cant do the nose spin flip thingy (want to learn it), but most all the tacks and jibes are easy (too easy).

Happy skating!!
joeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

P.s. dont wear a harness
joeyyyy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2000 5:25 pm    Post subject: RE: Landsurfing Reply with quote

OOPS!! I forgot to menton that when your skating and you get up some good speed,, watch out for wind shadows
They can be hard to recover from when you go through one unexpectedly.
Imagine getting backwinded with same force as you were powered up on.
Its the effect of aparent wind, and true wind..

Happy skates...
joeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
ecomon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2001 12:53 pm    Post subject: RE: Landsurfing Reply with quote

about 10 yrs ago I lived in this little, high desert town in Eastern Oregon. Every spring and fall there were rocking 30 plus SW days associated with storms that would funnel up Goose Lake Valley and hit a paved but less traveled road perpendicular. I put and old sail, mast and foot on a 5 foot piece of oak and attached my old 9in gullwing trucks and bones wheels to it. And it really flew. The bummer was that the vibration would make your legs go to sleep after a mile of skating though. I had people pull up in their cars long side at 30 mph and say whot the ell you doin boy!! Anyway I figured I was rich ... right up to when I did the research and found out that the original windsurf patent covered any wind propelled device .... back to reality
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: