myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Can't decide which

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
digwavedave

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2000 8:19 pm    Post subject: Can't decide which Reply with quote

I am looking for a freestyle board for 5.0-7.3 conditions. I am 155 lbs. and sail primarily on lakes with the occasional trip to the gorge or maui. I cant decide between the F2 260, JP 255, Starboard 99, or AHD maxride 62. The F2 would be the cheapest, but for $150 more I could get just about any of the others. I can duck jybe and heli-tack, and would like to learn more freestyle tricks, and am learning to loop, and would like something stable, rangy, and that really likes to take to the air. If theres andyone out there who has ridden them all (or several for that matter) Please advise.
unixmidiplugin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2000 9:38 am    Post subject: RE: Can't decide which Reply with quote

Any of those boards are good. But I think 7.3 is a bit optimistic for any of them. I own a F2 Air 260, and use it with 5.3 and 6.3 sails. Ive sailed the Starboard Carve 99, and the AHD MaxxRide 58 (in 4.0-5.4 conditions), the Fanatic Skate 262, the Mistral Score 104 (replaced by the Score 99). I know folks who swear by the JP freestyle. I think the differences are subtle, and depend on the sailor. Demo if you can. If you really want to use a 7.3, look at larger boards like the Air 265, or the bigger versions of the Score, JP or Carve. However
5.0 is a bit optimistic for those boards!

If this helps....

The Skate 262 uses an E-box
The Mistral, F2, and AHD use Power Box
The Starboard uses a Tuttle box
Not sure about the JP
If you already have a collection of fins, that might help you narrow the selection.

HTH -- Larry
Jibe_Splash!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2000 11:32 am    Post subject: RE: Can't decide which Reply with quote

Ive read some really great stuff about the new HiFly FreeRide 262 (99L) and it is suppose to have a sail range of 4.0 to 6.8. There are some great writeups in the last summer issue of Wind Sports on a bunch of boards in the same category youre looking at. Hope this helps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: