myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Solo Sports Apology

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trburl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2000 10:08 am    Post subject: Solo Sports Apology Reply with quote

Two years ago on Call of the Wind I made some uninformed and offhand comments about the motives of Kevin Trejo and Solo Sports. They were fairly cheap shots with no real experience to back them up. While I realize a few SoCal sailors agreed with me, I had no right to make those remarks. After lucking into a trip with Solo Sports this spring, I was able to fully open my mouth and insert my foot. Probably aware I was the punk who wrote that email, Kevin and his crew went out of their way to teach me about San Carlos and the Baja fates. Not to mention they took me a little further from kook and a little closer to wave sailor. I am personally against development on a large scale at San Carlos. But after my dream week with Kevin and Dale, my guess is they might be the people to protect what is left of the San Carlos Experience. Who knows, maybe I already missed it by being there this spring for the first time. But it sure was nice to walk around the Punta without all the little piles of waste Id heard about.

Last edited by trburl on Fri May 30, 2014 4:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
realkitty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2000 12:02 pm    Post subject: RE: Solo Sports Apology by Tom Burlingame Reply with quote

Really great to see that you have the guts to apologize for some earlier uninformed venting. If everyone did so, the venting section would be a very busy place indeed. San Carlos was becoming, literally, a crappy place until Solo leased it and started cleaning it up. To those of you who continue with your blowhard venting, remember that a foot in the mouth isnt very tasty, especially if youve stepped in some poop beforehand.
jhanrah1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2000 2:59 am    Post subject: RE: Solo Sports Apology by Tom Burlingame Reply with quote

R-I-G-H-T-O-N!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cooljazz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2000 9:16 pm    Post subject: RE: Solo Sports Apology by Tom Burlingame Reply with quote

A few years ago a fellow
who called himself Manta
posted a long rant in rec.windsurfing which was a bunch of crap. I havnt heard much controversy about San Carlos in a long time, glad to hear that you had a great trip!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: