myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
How to rig a ART Prime

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
curro

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2000 4:43 pm    Post subject: How to rig a ART Prime Reply with quote

I just got an ART PRIME and y have problems rigging it. Even thoung is the right mast (ART freestick 25 imcs, 35%carbon) It look like the mast dont have enough curve because it doent go easily into the luff, Can any one tell me how to rigg the sail by steps?
jsmin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2001 4:34 pm    Post subject: RE: How to rig a ART Prime Reply with quote

I have the same setup. I remember that the sail seemed pretty stiff during the first few uses then softened up. Generally, I just insert the mast past the boom cutout, then proceed to slide the sail down the mast by hand. Make sure the battens are all on the same side of the mast. Push the plug in at the top of the mast. If you try to just jam the mast from the foot of the sail you will have no luck...this is true of most all sails I have rigged. I got an outhaul hook for the sail which helped with downhaul, as the sail needs a lot. Downhaul tool would help as well. Anyway, I really enjoy the sail...pretty light and rangy...good luck rigging.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: