myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Rig for landsailor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
motogon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2000 3:50 pm    Post subject: Rig for landsailor Reply with quote

I think try landsailing this winter. Looking for not expensive rig for landsailor, about 5m sail. Im in PA, NJ area. If anyone have such rig, drop me email. My email:hackopo@yahoo.com.
joeyyyy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2000 8:36 pm    Post subject: RE: Rig for landsailor Reply with quote

you can use any rig you would use on the water.
I use my 5.0 wave sail on land, then when its blowing 5s on the water, I use it on the water....
motogon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2000 7:27 am    Post subject: RE: Rig for landsailor Reply with quote

I dont think its good idea, because I never tried landsailing before, so I will probably fall down often at first times. I dont want trash my rig, thats why I want buy some older style rig with soft sail and old boom.
joeyyyy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2000 12:12 am    Post subject: RE: Rig for landsailor Reply with quote

Then that case, Buy a really cheap 4, or 5.0 wave sail/rig in the recycler or online or swapmeet, or where ever you find one. friends that are upgrading to newer stuff are a great sorce of old cheap stuf. good luck....
joeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
RSGIBSON

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2000 7:58 pm    Post subject: RE: Rig for landsailor Reply with quote

JOEYYY is right in that you should get something cheap, especially booms, as they take the biggest beating when landsailing. My experience is that you can use a much smaller rig size also, as the resistance on wheels is much lower than a board in water. By the way, a land sailer is how I learned to duck jibe! Have fun, but wear safety gear, people have died using landsailers. RSG
joeyyyy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2000 12:49 am    Post subject: RE: Rig for landsailor Reply with quote

Thanks for the prase, But I said earlier that I use the same rig on land that I do on water.
I am just careful with it.
as far as safty gear, you might want to talk to iso bars (mike), he loves to skate in riot gear.
I dont wear any.
And yes, it is much easier to learn advanced moves on land first...
happy shredds....
joeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: