myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
books/video recommended...?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
juanlema

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2000 12:52 pm    Post subject: books/video recommended...? Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Does anybody have books or videos to recomend me? Im on a beginner to intermediate level, so focus must be on harness use, straps, planning, etc.

Thanks

Juan
spyder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2000 2:49 pm    Post subject: RE: books/video recommended...? Reply with quote

Juan -

My all time favorites are Short Board Sailing I & II

But I dont know where you can get them. There is another one that came out fairly recently, called Windsurfing 101.

Check theHouse, and other vendors on the web
juanlema

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2000 3:49 pm    Post subject: RE: books/video recommended...? Reply with quote

ive already got 101: its really a beginner video, nothing about harness, straps...and ive heard that the problem with shortboard sailing is that they use old equipt -it was filmed in 88, I think - but as you strongly recommend it, it must be worth a try.

Thank you, spyder.
geohaye

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2000 5:42 pm    Post subject: iW Book Store Reply with quote

All-
iWindsurf.com has an online bookstore. You can browse the titles to see if theres something of interest, and you can order it online right then and there.

Some good books on learning to windsurf. Click on the BUY/SELL tab, then the first item in the left nav is the Book Store...

~George Haye
iWindsurf.com
george@iwindsurf.com
spyder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2000 8:41 pm    Post subject: RE: books/video recommended...? Reply with quote

well, I admit they are a bit dated on the equip, but I think the skills are still the same. I learned from them, and started around 91. I dont think things have changed much. So I still think they are worth it.
unfortunately, I dont know of any other ones that are out there that are any good.

Look at windance.com, they have the Short Board Sailing videos.

Sorry I didnt know there was nothing on WS101 about harness. I know the people that put that one together.

Another series worth checking are the Peter Hart videos. but I havent seen them.

See other stores online at:

http://tgoemall.com/mallwindsurf.htm
spyder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2000 3:41 pm    Post subject: RE: books/video recommended...? Reply with quote

I asked my buddy about the videos, and he agreed with me that the Short Board Sailing Technique I/II are still totally worth it.

The equipment has changed, but the basic sailing skills are the same.

He also said the Peter Hart videos are very good.

He used to work at a few windsurf stores in LA, so I trust his answer.
nosmas1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2000 2:57 am    Post subject: RE: books/video recommended...? Reply with quote

Hey Juan,

I am at the same level. The video that has exactly what you are looking for is call Starting Point put out by RYA/Peter Hart. The follow up series Turn for the better is excellent as well but more advanced. You can get both of these from the-house.com.

Sam
juanlema

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2000 8:03 am    Post subject: RE: books/video recommended...? Reply with quote

Thanks a lot: ive already ordered it!

Juan
jimmchugh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2000 10:32 am    Post subject: RE: books/video recommended...? Reply with quote

For Gybing, Gybing in Maui, W/Juan Cardiaz(sp) is a good one, there is probally an add for it in a recent magazine.
juanlema

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2000 1:23 pm    Post subject: RE: books/video recommended...? Reply with quote

Thank you: but unfortunately, there is a long way till I need it (jibes)!

Juan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: