myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
I need help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chantale

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2001 1:08 pm    Post subject: I need help Reply with quote

I am overweight (289 lbs.) but still want to be able to shred waves at Hookipa.
A friend of mine recommended either the Fanatic Ultra Cat or the Mistral Windglider.
Which is the better waveboard ?
laudermouth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2001 10:27 pm    Post subject: RE: I need help Reply with quote

Oh yea the windglider shreds big time Im bouncing around the 3 mark also and I shred do loops &fowards off the lips on one at D. Head good luck!
H2Oratt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2001 7:31 am    Post subject: RE: I need help Reply with quote

YES Chantel you need help. neither of these boards will work in waves. If you really want to shred Hookipa, the first step is t learn how to sail. I suggest the Starboard Start. Sailing big waves should be done only after learning to sail, then progress to high winds then small waves.... etc
bob

ps. is this a joke?
joewindsurf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2001 11:29 am    Post subject: RE: I need help Reply with quote

Chantale,

If your at least 8 tall you are probably NOT over weight. However, at that height the Fanatic Ultra Cat is probably your wave vehicle of choice, the windglider may be a little on the small side for you. Hope this helps.
chantale

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2001 9:28 am    Post subject: RE: I need help Reply with quote

To everybody out there:
I am Chantales father and I will not tollerate these dumm responses over the internet. I will allow Chantale 3 days this year to go windsurfing. One time to practice tacks, another time to practice propper rigging and a final day for waveriding. I have seen the windglider myself and I ( as a non- windsurfer) am impressed about this rugged waveboard - technology came a long way. Anyway, you will not contact Chanatle again she has to concentrate on school and work; as we say in Poland: Fun is not good for teenagers
Who is Dr. Head anyway ?
ecomon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2001 1:16 pm    Post subject: RE: I need help Reply with quote

Pretty funny, I love my windglider!! (though the tail has a bit too much volume for the hard slashes and off the lip moves). Matter of fact, you have probably seen me on one in all the sailboarder ads(I am the svelte model in a bikini surrounded by little kids piled to and fro on the board). The drawback to the windglider is that when you get more than say, 5 or 6 people on the board, it bogs down in the trough a bit and for you free-ride sailors it takes a bit longer to get up on a plane. Shred on Chantralle!
chantale

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2001 12:05 pm    Post subject: RE: I need help Reply with quote

I will herwith end the theread with these messages: I am not impressed about the responses so far. Pimpleboys.....keep on trying.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: