myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Buying Replacement Straps - Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vaulterca

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2001 12:29 pm    Post subject: Buying Replacement Straps - Help Reply with quote

I am spending some time (and money), making sure my equipment is in order for the 2001 season. I have a 2000 F2 Axxis & the straps on it arent in great shape. I was wondering if anybody has recommendations as to the best replacement foot straps out there (make & model b/c dakine makes a few different kinds). I am looking for a set of 4 straps (no wave configuration) & any help you could provide Id appreciate it!
spyder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2001 3:15 pm    Post subject: RE: Buying Replacement Straps - Help Reply with quote

I like the DaKine Primo.
Not too expensive, and a great strap.
DoranWelch

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2001 2:08 pm    Post subject: RE: Buying Replacement Straps - Help Reply with quote

I bought a set of Pro Flex Hawaii or something like that last year. They were billed as The best footstraps available. They are pretty good. They are made of molded rubber pieces but the best thing about them is that they have no velcro on the covers. A zipper runs the whole length. Just open the zipper and adjust a single strap.

I bought an extra set for my Flow but as I am getting rid of that board they are just sitting in my garage. Send me a msg if you are interested.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2001 8:36 pm    Post subject: RE: Buying Replacement Straps - Help Reply with quote

The only one I do NOT like is the NSI Superstrap. It slips constantly.

Besides that, I try to avoid straps on which I must peel my way through layers of velcro.

Mike
zephyr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2001 9:07 pm    Post subject: RE: Buying Replacement Straps - Help Reply with quote

Dakine CORE CONTOUR the most high performance strap out-there. Those white ones that came out last year. I love them... until their is something better it will be the only footstrap that I will buy. Extremely direct response, no-spongy feelings, no-twisty feelings, just a firm and comfortable that fits the foot so much better than any straps Ive seen before!

No velcro at all, which is great but also the only way to adjust them is by unscrewing them and rescrewing them, the only draw back, an inconvinience to increase its performance.
jcharde

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2001 9:02 pm    Post subject: RE: Buying Replacement Straps - Help Reply with quote

I have to agree with Zephyr. I will not put another type of strap on a baord since fitting a set of Dakine Contour straps on my HiTech. These straps are how they straps should be. Sold in set of three, you can get an extra for boards with two-straps on the tail. I am outfitting my larger Flow this way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: