myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Carbon Boom in the 150-200 range?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tjmiller76

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2001 10:18 pm    Post subject: Carbon Boom in the 150-200 range? Reply with quote

I need to replace my staple 150-200cm boom and am considering going carbon. Two questions: 1) Will I see an advantage in carbon at this size? 2) Does anyone have experience with the lower cost carbon models offered this year by Dynafiber & North?
spyder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2001 3:46 am    Post subject: RE: Carbon Boom in the 150-200 range? Reply with quote

carbon booms feel great cuz they are stiffer & somewhat lighter, so yes you will appreciate those aspects. I only know fibersnap, not the others.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2001 4:21 pm    Post subject: RE: Carbon Boom in the 150-200 range? Reply with quote

I like my Dynafiber (its lower cost only in the sense that it costs less), and expect to like my HPL (which costs MORE). But the HPL carbon is heavier than their aluminum in the smaller sizes, and their aluminum is stiffer than many brands carbons, maybe including Dynafiber. At 5 I expect to feel little difference (150 cm); at 200 cm I would expect to feel a noticeable difference.

Mike \m/
onlyafour

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2001 10:46 pm    Post subject: RE: Carbon Boom in the 150-200 range? Reply with quote

I just bought a Dynafiber (170-225). I havet sailed it yet, but its really stiff! The carbon one is 5 times as stiff (fully extended) as my aluminum boom. Cheap too!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: