myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Feedback On Vela In Maui

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vince55

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2001 2:36 pm    Post subject: Feedback On Vela In Maui Reply with quote

Thinking of going with Vela Windsurfing Vacations to Maui this summer. Any feedback.
spyder

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2001 2:41 am    Post subject: RE: Feedback On Vela In Maui Reply with quote

Im sure Vela is good, Ive used them for Margarita, however, Maui is easy to setup by yourself. Call Hi-Tech/Hawaiian Island/Maui Windsurf CO. and ask for gear rental and a place to stay. they are all hooked in to the scene.

Aloha Windsurf Vans or
Al Wests (if they are still in biz) gets you a windsurf size van/car.

You can tailor your trip pretty easily in Maui, since there is so much windsurf gear/places to stay available.

Just MHO.
jerzyb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2001 1:11 pm    Post subject: RE: Feedback On Vela In Maui Reply with quote

Vela setup for Maui is different than their typical full-service resort. Accommodations, gear, and car are from different companies. I am not sure how the price compares to doing it by yourself, but its definitely easier to have Vela put all the pieces together for you, if you do not know the local scene. One thing that I found convenient was staying at a place close to the water, allowing me to stay rigged. There is a premium on that, but not having to drive and being able to switch sails instantly based on conditions, is what I am used to expect from Vela.
ian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2001 11:51 am    Post subject: RE: Feedback On Vela In Maui Reply with quote

Velas set-up on Maui is infact different than the typical Vela deal. However they have a number of choices for accomodations both north and south shore. I just recently stayd at one called Tradewind Beach house. Awsome setup, one house away from the beach, left everything rigged. Sail for a couple of hours then go hang out w/ my wife and baby for a while... Only disadvantage was the airplane noise but after 1 day you barely notice it. If you want to drive around with gear then get a Van from Al West and go loaded for bear!

Ian
Keith

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 5:35 pm    Post subject: RE: Feedback On Vela In Maui Reply with quote

Or make one call to Vela and theyll help you piece together everything from gear (from Neil Pryde Maui), range of accommodations at guaranteed lowest price (so they claim), and car or van. Save a lot of calls and wasted time trying to contact all the differenct players in Maui. Oh ya, and have a great trip!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: