myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Help on mast base position

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
telluride

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2001 8:44 am    Post subject: Help on mast base position Reply with quote

What is the correct position for the mast base in the track? I know it depends on sail size, wind conditions, etc. Any guidelines?
1aloop

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2001 5:36 am    Post subject: RE: Help on mast base position Reply with quote

Hey Telluride,

I think mast base is hard to get a feel for, if your board is bouncing out of the turns you may want move the base forward, but raising your boom could help this also. This would also help you get up wind. Another symptom of the base to far back would be spinout, but again if your boom is to low this could cause spinout.
As to whether you should move it back look for things like the board feels sluggish and is hard to jump or jibe.

Got to say Hi on a personal note. I used to work and hang in Telluride a lot from about 1985 till 95. Best skiing in the state! Where do you sail around there?

Always time for,
JuanMo Jibe
telluride

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2001 1:16 pm    Post subject: RE: Help on mast base position Reply with quote

Thanks for your help.

Actually, I live in NYC, sail mostly on Long Island. We have a place in T-ride that we try to get to as often as possible...more boarding than shredding!

TR
telluride

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2001 1:18 pm    Post subject: RE: Help on mast base position Reply with quote

Thanks for your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: