myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Nose Damage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaptekarev

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2001 5:02 pm    Post subject: Nose Damage Reply with quote

In my second summer of sailing, Im finally beginning to go out in strong winds and having some real fun. Most of the time I can sail in total control but occasionally I still catapult and whack the nose of my board. This weekend I had a mother of all catapults and did some structural damage.

I know thins is an age old question, but how do I stop the nose damage? Has anyone had a good experience with a deviator?
spyder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2001 1:17 am    Post subject: RE: Nose Damage Reply with quote

Deviator works pretty good, however stresses the mast track and can break the mast.

A boom bra will help too.

One thing to try to do when you are catapulting, is to stay with the rig and fall off to the side. As a last gasp, push the mast away with your hand to avoid whacking the nose. Also try to bend your knees more and anticipate the pull of the sail. Being a bit more careful with sheeting in, and hooking in, will greatly reduce the catapults.
buczacz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2001 1:35 pm    Post subject: RE: Nose Damage Reply with quote

Seek help from Eva (Exkraut@aol.com), She does nose jobs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: