myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Mistral Vision 130 Advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
burtronix

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 11:50 am    Post subject: Mistral Vision 130 Advice Reply with quote

Im about to start my 2nd season, ready to buy my own gear (rented last year). Looking forward to getting into the harness, straps, water starts, etc.. I sail on the NY Finger Lakes & weigh about 185 lbs. Last year I started on long boards, Starboard Start, & then progressed to HiFly Wide Style with dagger-board. I was comfortable getting around the lake with the dagger-board retracted, but couldnt get it to plane with the small rental sails.

Is the Vision 130 too small for me? If I get it, how should I rig it for lake sailing?
spyder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 1:05 pm    Post subject: RE: Mistral Vision 130 Advice Reply with quote

i think the vision 130 is a bit small. atleast go to the vision 150. since you are 185 on fresh water, you might find the 130 to be a bit unstable. especially if the winds are light there. the 150 would feel a lot better, and you can do what you are planning with that board as well.

you should also check out the Naish Titans. They come in 273 (160ltrs) and 268 (135ltrs). These are very stable, wide, and fun boards to ride, and very low price for a 2002 new board, at $999.

if you want more information go to www.naishsails.com, look under boards for Titan.
spyder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 7:14 am    Post subject: RE: Mistral Vision 130 Advice Reply with quote

thanks LeeD.
i tend to agree with you that the vision is *not* optimal in this case. the Titan would be a much better choice. however, ive had good results with intermediates on the v150 and v170.
mastfoot

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 6:40 pm    Post subject: RE: Mistral Vision 130 Advice Reply with quote

lee d do you not realise spyder is robbie??/
burtronix

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 11:31 am    Post subject: RE: Mistral Vision 130 Advice Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for your kind advice. The Vision 130 I am considering is such a good deal that I cant pass it up, & the money I save Im going to put toward an old long-board with a dagger. 2 boards for the price of 1 to serve me in all wind conditions & give me something to grow into. I couldnt have come to this conclusion without you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: