myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Best school for a n00b

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eeviac

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 2:35 am    Post subject: Best school for a n00b Reply with quote

Whats the best school for a n00b like me? Im in Sunnyvale. I know how to surf and how to sail and did do one windsurfing lesson LONG ago and remember spending a lot of time with the uphaul lol. If anyone has any recommendations Im all ears. Im looking at somewhere in the bay area of course!
gemoore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: RE: Best school for a n00b Reply with quote

ABK, theyre in the Bay Area.
Chuck123

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: RE: Best school for a n00b Reply with quote

Or shoreline aquatics center during the season, especially summer. Great place to learn and improve on skills for beginners
Eeviac

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: RE: Best school for a n00b Reply with quote

OK I did some driving around and talking to people here and there, and it looks like in a month or two when theyre back in operation for the season Im going to take the class from California Windsurfing I think. Theye seem not too far away, not too expensive, and that lakes nice and flat hehe I checked out Shoreline, kinda expensive hehe. And Im sure the real lessons you guys take are more, cos youre learning from some real shredders.
gemoore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: RE: Best school for a n00b Reply with quote

Shoreline is a good place for newbies, I agree.

It may seem like theyre expensive. But theyre not as expensive as buying a bunch of stuff and taking 5-10 times as long figuring out how to sail....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: