myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
A Windsurfer in the White House.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tycoonguy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 6:31 am    Post subject: A Windsurfer in the White House. Reply with quote

Yesterday I was out in the Gale walking along the shoreline at Falmouth Heights. I have never seen so much ice floating in the Sound. Many of the coves, estruaries and harbors on the South coast of N.E. froze over in January and apparantly have already started to break up. However, those in Falmouth are still frozen solid. I wonder if this will make it a late start for the sailors this spring. I also wonder if John Kerry will be racing in that Vineyard circuit race he enters every year. They made a point of dressing him up for Hockey and filming him on the ice for the N.H. primary.
spider

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:12 am    Post subject: RE: A Windsurfer in the White House. Reply with quote

i will stick with bush!
kerry probably wears a life vest, booties, helmet, gloves, cel phone, whistle, flare gun and sails a 12.0 on a 1984 one design.
pacspeed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:49 am    Post subject: RE: A Windsurfer in the White House. Reply with quote

Here we go, the devolution of yet another message board into Demo/Repub vitriol. Lets not become the next Yahoo board!
joespeed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: RE: A Windsurfer in the White House. Reply with quote

With President Kerry, wouldn’t that give us the right to deduct our windsurfing/kiteboarding equipment as Bush has done for the big SUV...That would make the cost of our sailing addiction less of a burden on our finances, think about it Smile)
jse

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: RE: A Windsurfer in the White House. Reply with quote

Since I drive a suburban to get to the windsurfing site, Id rather deduct it than the gear. But not enough to vote for the Texican.

Steve
tycoonguy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:49 am    Post subject: RE: A Windsurfer in the White House. Reply with quote

Amusing responses. Ive met Kerry, hes a real nebbish in my opinion. He isnt such a bad sailor, however, for his age. He never finishes the race, but has a lot of good things to say afterwards about Nevil Sayre. Its kind of funny to read the reports, and I sure do hope he doesnt skip it this year. He flies out to the Nantucket Airport and takes a helicopter to his Yatch. From his dock there, he motors over to the start of the race. He pulls out all the bells-and-whistles but never makes it past the first leg of the race. Nevertheless, it is an accomplishment in my mind. Ive heard this duphous political commentators discussing whether or not his >>surfing<< will hurt his political image painting him as frivolous. Ild like to see these puffy faced nerds try what he does. A few years ago I returned from Florida to Ma. with a board on my roof. I recomend this as the best way to travel the route. It became a real trip to write about when I decided to drive up to Capital Hill, and see if John was around. The look of envy on the police there was priceless. It was also a gas driving through Manhattan and stopping at times Square. However, if you try it, be warned that you have to beat off the aspiring beach bunnies.
Eeviac

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: RE: A Windsurfer in the White House. Reply with quote

Hmm lemme think ..... windsurfer or jet fighter? Windsurfer or jet fighter? At least Bushie finished his flight school!
pacspeed

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject: RE: A Windsurfer in the White House. Reply with quote

Anyone who has any flight training will tell you that a trained monkey can fly. Or a trained Chimp.
tycoonguy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:55 am    Post subject: RE: A Windsurfer in the White House. Reply with quote

Sorry, but since I started this thread, I have to add my two cents here on flying vs. windsurfing. I look out my window now and see a rutted taxi-way. My house has a hanger attached to it. Right now I have three boards inside and no airplane. I also use it for my welding and ski tuning. Of course I am surrounded by pilots. Its a lot harder to learn to drive a car, especially in city traffic. I wonder when GW last drove a car? Wasnt his license to drive revoked at one point. Even if a chimp can be taught to fly, I still doubt if they could teach him. As I have stated I have met Kerry and he impressed me as a meek Man. This only verifies for me the Biblical saying that the Meek shall inherit the earth. GW has only impressed me as an overly talkative, somewhat arrogant, reformed drug addict. This may be the reason he appears so dull as drug abuse certainly dulls the intellect. Once the National Guard instituted mandatory drug testing for their pilots, he conveniently went AWOL. Kerry speaks in the right kind of platitudes which has gained him the Presidential support. I sincerely hope he doesnt give up sailing for politics.
spider

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: RE: A Windsurfer in the White House. Reply with quote

what are you going to carry your windsurfing stuff in? maybe a non tax deductable yugo?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: