myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Naish does not stand behind thier boards....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rideqckslvr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Naish does not stand behind thier boards.... Reply with quote

Hello,
Recently after 3 months of use my Naish wavequest board got bumps on the bottom of the board. Then naish does not want to replace the board. Why? because according to them its purley cosmetical. Sureley naish has been in the board manufacturing for years but this is a defect that was made because of a fault in thier manufacturing prosess. My father hew used to build Ships for the soviet navy; he suggested that the reason for the bubbling is the imperfection in the gelcoat application prosses. AE gelcoat did not properly apply, so what does naish think about this? Cosmetical only and will not effect performance. But the fact is they dont really know what it is since they only inspect the board from pictures.
Now tell me why does DaKine and Aerotech replace thier products while naish fails to replace by far more obvious defects?

BTW: I do like the way thier boards ride its the fact that they dont stand behind thier boards....what if im riding and the board snaps?????

thanks for reading...i feel bad for bringing such negativity to this nice forumm...
ilya
Landysails

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: RE: Naish does not stand behind thier boards.... Reply with quote

I had a buddy in Santa Cruz who was very upset over the Naish warranty he had too. JP is very good about their warranty based on my experience and a friends, so buy the JP. The boards are awesesome as well.

brian
spyder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:35 am    Post subject: RE: Naish does not stand behind thier boards.... Reply with quote

in this case did you go through just the dealer ? or did you get in touch with Naish International ?

i dont know what the bumps look like, but i have seen lots of naish boards. in many cases bumps/bubbles are caused from excessive heat and/or pressure changes from elevation changes. that is what the vent screw is for.

i am not suggesting that in this case that is what happened, however it is usually the cause. i personally havent seen any bad gelcoats from the factory.

however, if this truly is a defect, the boards are warrantied for 1 year. the process is supposed to be that the dealer you bought it from is to send in a warranty claim form with pictures to Naish International.

if the dealer refuses to take this step, you can move to do this on your own.

i know Naish does stand behind their products and i am sorry for your experience, but it doesnt sound right to me.
spyder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:42 am    Post subject: RE: Naish does not stand behind thier boards.... Reply with quote

would be interested in knowing what happened to your friend with the Naish board.
rideqckslvr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:22 am    Post subject: RE: Naish does not stand behind thier boards.... Reply with quote

Hello,
I live in new york city there is no extreme temperature changes nor the elevation problems ie its all level here. The deal i have dealt with them for a long time and iknow its not thier fault, they tried to get the board exchanged for me without luck. Naish did say they were going to reimburse about 75 dollars, which is not even enough to cover repairs. Closest shop that can repair boards is greater then one days drive which with gas and tolls will only leave about 45 (for 2 times back and forth)... If you want to ask an expert who attended the highest shipbuilding university in former ussr go ahead he will tell u it is the gell coat. Wink i have some pictures too
rideqckslvr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:24 am    Post subject: RE: Naish does not stand behind thier boards.... Reply with quote

My mistral flow is bombproof hasnt had one problem with anything and i had it for 3 years!!!
windmaker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:44 am    Post subject: RE: Naish does not stand behind thier boards.... Reply with quote

Hello all,

About a year ago I experienced a terrible warranty issue with Naish. It was a skinny mast issue, in summary, my wife1s mast broke (production flaw) it was 5 months old, I contacted my local dealer they were not helpful at all, I couldnt counted on them so I contact Naish International the were more cooperative but not that much I dont know that my local dealer said to them but I guess they think I broke my mast (wavesailing) and then tried to get a new mast using the warranty. Well, took me almost 5 (five) months to get the warranty clear and I get the new mast. I felt totally helpless by Naish. Ive ridden Powerex RDM for almost 3 years and never had any problem, I have friends who also ride Powerex and used their warranty and it took about a week to get the new part. Well, I kwon Naish has their products and they might be ok but had a terrible experience and I kind avoid Naish at least for while. I dont want to burn out Naish but once we are tlaking over about Naish warranty I felt sharing that issue cul be worth. Ilya contact Naish International if your local dealer is useless.

Good luck

Mahalo,
Windmaker
spyder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject: RE: Naish does not stand behind thier boards.... Reply with quote

sorry for your experience. i dont know about your details but broken masts happen quite frequently so i imagine there is a relunctance to warranty them, since many do abuse the coverage....i was just sailing along and snap!

not to discredit your case, i do not know the details of your mast breaking.
spyder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:42 am    Post subject: RE: Naish does not stand behind thier boards.... Reply with quote

i did fwd your post to naish warranty and perhaps they will look into it more...
SPQR

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: RE: Naish does not stand behind thier boards.... Reply with quote

Interesting reading, I bought the smallest Titan a year ago, and it delaminated the first time I used it. The dealer just took off the straps and fin and put them on another new Titan the next day, and off I sailed, no questions asked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: