myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Wanted: 2002 AHD Power Wave 257

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pacspeed

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:59 am    Post subject: Wanted: 2002 AHD Power Wave 257 Reply with quote

Got one of these boards? Make some $$$, or maybe trade for some sweet gear, Ezzy Wave Ses, Chinook Carbon Booms, lets talk.
higgybaby

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: RE: Wanted: 2002 AHD Power Wave 257 Reply with quote

Ive go a 2002 AHD Maui Force. I think its around 80L. Im not a huge production wave board fan, but this one suprised me. Nice in waves but Im not sure as far as bump and jump.

Sounds like you had a positive experience on the PowereWave?
jse

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: RE: Wanted: 2002 AHD Power Wave 257 Reply with quote

Pac,

Sent you an email, check your inbox for my cell #. I have such a board and am thinking of letting it go.

Steve
pacspeed

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: RE: Wanted: 2002 AHD Power Wave 257 Reply with quote

Yeah, Ive tried the MForce, its got a bit too much rocker to carry my 210 lb. carcass through the lulls. The powerwave is (was) a nice compromise tween that and the squashtailed freeride shapes like the maxxride, g-ride, and convert series.
tycoonguy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:22 am    Post subject: RE: Wanted: 2002 AHD Power Wave 257 Reply with quote

Last weekend I got a chance to take my new 87 liter M-force out. It certainly was a challenge for me at my 220 lbs. Unfortunately, it was a very gusty day running to 37-40 knots at the top of the range. After many attempts (I am not much of a sailor) I finally caught a ride downwind. Fantastic board!!! I rode it past a narrow channel and landed at the opposite shore. I knew I would have trouble getting back, but I didnt expect the wind to die down to nothing and the rain to start. I also had stayed out late in the day and it was getting dark. All the kiters that were out packed up and left the lot as I watched. Finally, I derigged and paddled with the current in the channel back to the parking lot. I dont think it was all worth it for the one ride, but used right, its a sweet board.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: