myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
All Honesty - The Gorge Has Been a Disappointment
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
billgfc

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well bond1 poppycock?

sailing only on powder days and 4.5 below = little or no development or skill improvement,

the skiers and sailors who just go on their days off or after work and take whats there tear it up.

It is the trait of the best skilled in both sports.

just do it. Take a look at all the best sailors and skiers. they show up, they enjoy, they have true passion for the sport.

All the best do it. Your approach may work for you, but your skills hold no candle to what they could be with passion, whether you be a weekend warrior or a pro.

Masters in all sport rec or pro show up.

It s is your free choice not to, enjoy..
billgfc

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP:)
Bond1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billgfc wrote:
well bond1 poppycock?

sailing only on powder days and 4.5 below = little or no development or skill improvement,

the skiers and sailors who just go on their days off or after work and take whats there tear it up.

It is the trait of the best skilled in both sports.

just do it. Take a look at all the best sailors and skiers. they show up, they enjoy, they have true passion for the sport.

All the best do it. Your approach may work for you, but your skills hold no candle to what they could be with passion, whether you be a weekend warrior or a pro.

Masters in all sport rec or pro show up.

It s is your free choice not to, enjoy..

Poppycock to having the audacity to tell others they are missing the experience. How arrogant.
TBird

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are the first four pages of this thread from 2005? Why are we dredging up old, tired rants? And most of all, who cares if, why and how someone doesn't like it here? It's lame to post it and it's futile to respond.
It's a big world out there. If you don't like it where you are, go somewhere else. Duh.
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bond1, I think you misread Bill's post. He said, in summary, that if you only recreate during uber-prime conditions you miss a lot of what each sport has to offer. That's not arrogant. Quite the opposite, it's quite broad minded and inclusive.

We all agree that we can enjoy whatever bit and however much of windsurfing that we like. Just because less than 10% have ever sailed a true down the line ground swell doesn't render a lousy windsurfing experience to the other 90%. But to believe that the only good windsurfing is wavesailing seems a very limited view -especially if one said that only wavesailors are "true" windsurfers. Bill said the opposite.
Shredder33

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: To live or die in the the gorge. Reply with quote

The gorge isn't for everyone,but let me know if you find a better place. Seriously. I've lived here for 10 years, and I love the sports, Moto riding, skiing, and windsurfing keep me in shape. I've had epic days of sailing at the wall and the hatch, but they don't come for free. Winters here can be hard mentally, and if you have young kids, keeping you indoors and away from exotic travel location, it's even harder. I would move to a better place in a heart beat, but I haven't heard of one, yet. So give me some choices that beat this place.
sissybar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JUST SHUT UP ALREADY. THIS IS FROM 2005 .... 5 years ago.

It is a thread that had no merit 5 years ago & still is LAME!!

You are arguing with a GHOST. If this post was a sailor, it is sooooo old & tired that it would have to sail at Swell!!!

Something fresh please.
SamD0g

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't love the natural beauty, the hiking, the windsurfing, the kayaking,the hanging out, knowing the mountains, the river, the wind and the light, then Dooood, you don't get it. Hoping you find the place of your dreams. Rolling Eyes
Hound

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on wreport! I guess when the wind is not blowing we are here trying to make points.
Bond1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanWeiss wrote:
Bond1, I think you misread Bill's post. He said, in summary, that if you only recreate during uber-prime conditions you miss a lot of what each sport has to offer. That's not arrogant. Quite the opposite, it's quite broad minded and inclusive.

Dan, here's the quote:

"well if you only ski on a powder day and only sail when its 4.5 and below you miss the experience."

Not so broad minded to tell others who are having a good time that they are missing the experience. He has no idea of my experience.

Last edited by Bond1 on Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: