Purchase one of the above phones or call your cellphone provider today and make sure you have your phone optimally set up to reach:
wap.iWindsurf.com. Have them help you make our site your Homepage or Bookmark on your phone.
To learn more about Wireless Web, read these links when you're done with the current page:
1) Phone set-up tips: See if your phone is already set up to reach wap.iWindsurf.com
2) FAQ: Wireless Web Frequently Asked Questions
Get Real-time Wind data and Forecasts on your cellphone! That's right, use your wireless web-enabled cellphone or PDA to get wind data and forecasts.. wherever, whenever you want. Now you can leave your computer and still know if it's windy! To access our Wireless Web site, just point your wireless web browser to: wap.iWindsurf.com. Anyone with a wireless web-enabled cellphone can log in, but generally only Wireless Web members can access the real-time wind data and forecasts on the Wireless Web site.
Supported Carriers and Phones
Getting started, phone compatibility
Wireless Web Phone/Carrier Knowledgebase
Wireless Web Emulator demo
Customize your wireless web page
Upgrade from FX membership
FAQs about Wireless Web
Cost of Wireless Web membership
Supported Carriers and Phones
What Carrier? Although they may call it something else, all major carriers have a Wireless Web option, and we have many customers using them all. In our experience, however, Cingular provides the best overall experience (cost, coverage and flexibility), with T-Mobile a close second. Below we list the minimum cost for basic Wireless Web, which is more than enough if checking the wind is your primary Wireless Web pastime. If you use Wireless Web for other things as well, you might consider one of the unlimited plans.
Note: Cingular no longer publishes the $4.99/month plan, but all you have to do is ask for it.
|Name for Wireless Web||MEdia Net||PCS Vision||T-MobileWeb|
(part of tZones)
|Mobile Web 2.0|
|Minimum Plan (data)||$4.99/month (1MB)||$15/month (unlimited)||$5.99/month (unlimited)||$5/month (uses your minutes)|
Coverage is also an issue, of course, and that will vary greatly depending on where you use your phone. The best thing to do is ask around, and we've also compiled some general information on our Wireless Web F.A.Q.
What Phone? Our wireless web service works on virtually any phone with wireless web access. With phone number portability it's even easy to switch carriers at the same time! The most popular phone among our member is the Motorola RAZR. Use the links below to check out the RAZR (and it's brother the KRZR) or find another phone and rate plan that works for you.
For a more extensive list of phone ratings, please see our Wireless Web Knowledgebase.
Wireless Web Emulator
Preview our Wireless Web service using the regular internet rather than your cellphone. Log in with the same username and password that you log in to this website. Note: anyone with an active account can log in and use this emulator to get an idea of what our Wireless Web service looks like on a cellphone -- BUT to see the actual wind speeds and forecasts on the emulator, Wireless Web Membership is generally required.
1) Log in -- with your regular Username and Password.
2) Select Option -- Select desired Option using scroll buttons and hit OK. Or, key in an option number. Choosing "My Wind" takes you to your own custom list of wind reports as configured on the Configure Wireless Web page. Or, choose Wind Reports or Forecasts, and browse to your heart's content.
Tip: Bookmark your MyWind page for quick return access (call your cellphone Provider or see your phone's manual for bookmarking instructions).
3) Select Region -- If you chose 'Wind Reports' or 'Forecasts' in Step 2, you will then select your region. Selecting 'My Wind' will take you directly to Step 4.
4) Wind Reports Summary -- The Wind Report Summary displays the windiest sites first, and lists the latest wind direction and average wind speed. Scroll down to see all the sites. Then, if you want, you can select an individual site to get a detailed wind report.
5) Detailed Wind Report -- This page displays the site name, the time of the latest report, the latest wind direction, and average wind speed. On phones with providers that have compatible graphics support, you'll see the "today's wind" graph along with a link to "yesterday's wind" graph. On text-only phones, you'll see the wind direction and average windspeeds over the last 3 hours. NOTE: At this time, some providers simply do not offer true graphic compability, regardless of the phone used.
6) Forecasts -- This page displays the Forecast including wind prediction tables for each focus site within the selected region.
Customize your Wireless Web
You can custom configure your Wireless Web experience. Set up just the wind sensors and forecasts that you want, and access them directly via your cellphone/PDA. To configure your Wireless Web, go to your Configure Wireless Web page on the regular internet website (log on, click on the "myAccount" link at the top of the webpage, and click on "Configure W Web" on the left side) to custom configure your myWind link. Here's an example of what you might see:
Upgrade from FXWhen you Upgrade to Wireless Web membership, the remaining time on your FX membership will be prorated as credit toward your Wireless Web membership. TO UPGRADE, or for Wireless Web membership pricing, please log in to the regular website, click on the MEMBERSHIP Tab, then choose WIRELESS WEB MEMBERSHIP. Note: clicking on the "myAccount" link, located at the top of any page on the regular website will allow you to view your account history & change your account settings.