New iWindsurf: Select your region for wind observations & forecasts:
North America |
South America |
Australia & Oceania |
Latest Non-Precipitation Watch/Warning/Advisory by KMFR
Issued 12/6/2016 1:20 PM US/Pacific.
Valid through 12/9/2016 1:00 AM US/Pacific.
wwus76 kmfr 080456
northern and eastern klamath county and western lake county-
central and eastern lake county-
856 pm pst wed dec 7 2016
...high wind watch remains in effect from thursday afternoon
through late thursday night...
* winds...southwest winds 30 to 40 mph with gusts to 60 mph.
* timing...thursday afternoon through late thursday night.
* locations include...highway 31 between paisley and summer
lake...highway 299 near cedar pass... highway 140 east of
lakeview and the higher terrain of the fremont winema forest
near and west of summer lake as well as the warner mountains.
* impacts...potentially hazardous driving conditions are
expected...especially for lightweight and high-profile
vehicles. increased risk for downed trees and power lines.
disruption of outdoor activities. unsecured objects may be
lost or damaged.
* view the hazard area in detail at http://weather.gov/medford/hazard
a high wind warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage. travel will be
impacted... especially for high profile vehicles.
Latest Non-Precipitation Watch/Warning/Advisory by KPQR
Issued 12/6/2016 8:19 PM US/Pacific.
Valid through 12/8/2016 4:00 PM US/Pacific.
wwus76 kpqr 080528
urgent - weather message
national weather service portland or
928 pm pst wed dec 7 2016
greater portland metro area-greater vancouver area-
including the cities of...hillsboro...portland...oregon city...
928 pm pst wed dec 7 2016
...wind advisory remains in effect until 4 pm pst thursday for the
greater portland and vancouver metro area...
a wind advisory remains in effect until 4 pm pst thursday.
* east metro and in the west hills: east winds 30 to 40 mph with
gusts to 55 mph.
* elsewhere in the metro area: east winds 20 to 25 mph with
gusts 35 to 45 mph.
* timing: tonight continuing through thursday. strongest winds
likely to be thursday morning.
* wind chill: mainly in the teens and 20s.
* impacts: the strongest east wind event so far this season...
combined with expected snow and ice thursday...will likely
cause some tree damage and power outages. the winds may make
travel difficult at times...particularly on north-south
bridges such as the interstate bridge along interstate 5 and
the glenn jackson bridge along interstate 205.
a wind advisory is issued when sustained winds are forecast to be
31 to 39 mph or gusts will range between 45 and 57 mph. winds of
these magnitudes may cause minor property damage without extra
precautions. motorists in high profile vehicles should use
caution until the winds subside.