New iWindsurf: Select your region for wind observations & forecasts:|
North America |
South America |
Australia & Oceania |
Latest Coastal/Lakeshore Hazard Messages by KLOX
Issued 12/6/2019 2:10 AM US/Pacific.
Valid through 12/8/2019 8:00 AM US/Pacific.
whus46 klox 061010
ventura county coast-
210 am pst fri dec 6 2019
...high surf advisory in effect from 2 am saturday to 8 am pst
* what...large breaking waves of 4 to 7 ft with local sets to 10
* where...ventura county coast.
* when...from 2 am saturday to 8 am pst sunday.
* impacts...there is an increased risk for ocean drowning. rip
currents can pull swimmers and surfers out to sea. large
breaking waves can cause injury, wash people off beaches and
rocks, and capsize small boats near shore.
* additional details...a high tide around 5 ft will occur around
630 am saturday morning. the highest surf will be along west
remain out of the water due to dangerous surf conditions, or stay
near occupied lifeguard towers. rock jetties can be deadly in
such conditions, stay off the rocks.