Global iWindsurf: Select your region for wind observations & forecasts:
North America |
South America |
Australia & Oceania |
Latest Non-Precipitation Watch/Warning/Advisory by KSGX
Issued 11/22/2014 7:24 PM US/Pacific.
Valid through 11/25/2014 4:00 PM US/Pacific.
wwus76 ksgx 230324
orange county coastal areas-
san bernardino and riverside county valleys-the inland empire-
san diego county valleys-santa ana mountains and foothills-
724 pm pst sat nov 22 2014
...high wind watch in effect from monday afternoon through
the national weather service in san diego has issued a high wind
watch...which is in effect from monday afternoon through tuesday
* winds...northeast 30 to 40 mph with gusts to 55 mph. local
gusts 60 to 70 mph
* location...below the cajon and san gorgonio passes...and below
favored canyons along the coastal foothills.
* timing...gusty winds will begin on sunday morning below the
cajon pass and in wind prone areas of the santa ana mountains
with isolated gusts of 50 to 55 mph possible. winds will be more
widespread and may be significantly stronger late monday
afternoon through tuesday.
* visibility...locally reduced in blowing dust
* impacts...broken tree limbs...debris on roadways...isolated
power outages possible...minor structural damage possible with
the strongest gusts.
* outlook...the winds are expected to decrease late tuesday but
will remain quite gusty in the offshore wind prone areas into
a high wind watch means there is the potential for a hazardous
high wind event. sustained winds of at least 40 mph...or gusts of
58 mph or stronger may occur. continue to monitor the latest