New iWindsurf: Select your region for wind observations & forecasts:|
North America |
South America |
Australia & Oceania |
Latest Red Flag Warning; Fire Weather Watch by KMAF
Issued 4/10/2021 2:09 AM America/Denver.
Valid through 4/11/2021 9:00 PM America/Denver.
wwus84 kmaf 110815
sacramento foothills and guadalupe mountains-
guadalupe mountains above 7000 feet-
guadalupe and delaware mountains-
215 am mdt sun apr 11 2021
...red flag warning in effect from noon today to 9 pm mdt this
evening for warm, dry, and windy conditions and very high fire
danger for the sacramento foothills and guadalupe and delaware
the national weather service in midland/odessa has issued a red
flag warning for warm, dry, and windy conditions and very high
fire danger, which is in effect from noon today to 9 pm mdt this
evening. the fire weather watch is no longer in effect.
* affected area...sacramento foothills and guadalupe mountains,
guadalupe mountains above 7000 feet and guadalupe and delaware
* timing...this afternoon through this evening.
* winds...west 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* relative humidity...as low as 5 percent.
* rfti...6 to 8 or critical to extreme.
* impacts...avoid the use of open flames or any activities that
may generate sparks.
a red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now or will shortly. a combination of strong
winds, low relative humidity and warm temperatures will increase
potential for fire growth.