New iWindsurf: Select your region for wind observations & forecasts:
North America |
South America |
Australia & Oceania |
Latest Flood Statement by KJAN
Issued 4/28/2017 1:18 PM US/Central.
Valid through 5/20/2017 9:00 AM US/Central.
wgus84 kjan 290125
825 pm cdt fri apr 28 2017
the flood warning continues for
the mississippi river at vicksburg
* from tuesday may 09 to saturday may 20.
* at 7:00 pm friday the stage was 32.9 feet.
* minor flooding is forecast.
* flood stage is 43.0 feet.
* forecast...the river will rise above flood stage tuesday may 09 and
will continue to rise to near 44.5 feet tuesday may 16.
* flood history...this crest compares to a previous crest of 43.3 feet
on mar 18 2016.
* impact...at 44.6 feet...residence on williams street in vicksburg
begins to flood.
* impact...at 44.0 feet...ford and kings subdivision at pittman road
and mary's alley begins to flood.
* impact...at 43.5 feet...long lake subdivision is completely flooded.
vicksburg floodwall gates at train depot and the lumber yard gate 8
* impact...at 43.0 feet...jackson lane in north vicksburg begins to
* impact...at 42.0 feet...bunge grain facility near st. joseph
louisiana ceases loading operations. chickasaw road is going under
water just west of chickasaw community.
* impact...at 41.5 feet...water reaches the slab of the first
structure in the chickasaw bayou subdivision.
* impact...at 41.2 feet...long lake road is under water starting where
the low road to the island takes off south. access to long lake
community requires a boat. chickasaw road goes under water just
west of the chickasaw community.
* impact...at 41.0 feet...the storm water drain valves are closed at
the flood gates along the vicksburg water front.
* impact...at 40.5 feet...shady lane drive becomes impassable. long
lake road becomes impassable just north of cypress drive.
* impact...at 39.5 feet...the long lake road to eagle lake road
becomes impassable about 1 mile north of the long lake community.
* impact...at 38.8 feet...the vicksburg floodwall gate at crawford
street is closed.
* impact...at 36.5 feet...water begins to affect the long lake
community. the low road to kings island becomes impassable.
* impact...at 35.0 feet...several thousand acres of farm,
agricultural, and bottom land flood. in the yazoo backwater area
north of the city, hunting camps and forested land begin to flood.
flood observed forecast 6 am crest
location stg stg day time sat sun mon crest time date
lower mississippi river
vicksburg 43 32.9 fri 07 pm 33.5 34.5 35.4 44.5 07 am 05/16
lat...lon 3193 9129 3227 9105 3277 9123 3278 9101
3226 9086 3187 9114