myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
5pm Civic Center (SF) to protest cuts to public education
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickB

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Boy, I'm sure glad I'm no where near his world. From my perspective, a very ugly place to be.

What's not to like about a world were support of public education (the topic at hand here) makes you "...enemies of the American way of life"?

Didn't think he'd sink that low, but again his agenda is more personal than political.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickB wrote:
support of public education ... makes you "...enemies of the American way of life"?

Didn't think he'd sink that low, but again his agenda is more personal than political.

Thanks, Nick, for perfectly illustrating my comment: "Your ... lies about what we’ve said and believe don’t cut it."

The public gets that today's youth expect a free ride through life, beginning with college, most of the public realizes that coverage under their parents' health insurance is nothing but vote-grubbing, and increasing numbers of the public know that many of these "IWANNIT" protests are far from peaceful. How any of that makes our objections "personal rather than political" escapes us.

Last edited by isobars on Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's too bad that isobars totally missed the purpose of your invitation to participate in an important community meeting about education, and instead he elected to spread negativity and then advance it hugely from there. The guy is tweaked attention starved wingnut. It's kind of a sad place to be, but unlike you, I have no pity for him whatsoever because he chooses to be a recurring problem here.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the US stops spending money on lower and higher education, and stops maintaining our roads, and instead spends everything on defense (don't forget the pensions that just keep on taking) is it any wonder that other countries are growing their economies faster than we are? The great thing about Isos cult is that they think everything can be taken care of by the private sector or cutting "gubbamint waste." Remember Jesse Ventura.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpbassking wrote:
One snide remark and we get another rant by mike

One? How about literally a thousand? It's almost all you disgusting #%^@%s post.
NickB

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, name-calling. climax reached. nap time.

More seriously, you hijacked this thread but didn't address the topic, you just went around it to spread your wisdom. I've stated what I believe the root cause is, but just in case I'm wrong:
you seemed to have a negative reaction to people (parents, teachers, students) getting together for the cause of the children in NoCal. Can you enlighten us with your views of the current public education situation here, especially for K-12? do you think that 20 Kindergarden students to one teacher was a luxury and a waste of money, and that 35 5-year-old kids to one teacher is more appropriate? should we just do away with public education alltogether?
jp5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how did the protest go? Do you think it did any good?
NickB

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It went well in SF, but there were a few unfortunate incidents in the East Bay (which imho stole some of the focus from the reasons behind the protests, as news network just latched on to those incidents).

I'm not sure if the protests will have any impact, but they surely did some good by letting the community vent. What is being done to our kids is not right. We are depriving them of the means to clean up our mess.
jp5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those in charge aren't going to think something is wrong unless people make a stink about it. Sadly, no news seems to be good news to them. My kid wants to be a teacher in 2 years, sure hope she can find a job after she graduates. She already tried real estate and you can guess how well that went.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickB wrote:

1.you hijacked this thread
2. but didn't address the topic,
3. you just went around it .
4. I've stated what I believe the root cause is

That's three lies and a plagiarism, Nick.

My first post pointed out the basic problem -- insufficient funds to do everything at once -- and thus implied a solution: cut back on the public entitlements and you may find funds for education.

You then hijacked your own thread with 23 personal attacks, only then returned to your own topic with one sentence paraphrasing my initial root cause and solution, then added 6 more personal attacks. That’s 29 of yours, zero of mine unless you count my pointing out that you’re going off topic.

We also noticed that in addition to your own hijacking, Assman tossed in some stuff about Iraq and added yet more personal BS without a peep from you. Do both of you honestly think we can't read?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: