myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Wind on the Nile
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard--what happened--I thought you were supposed to be in heaven today? Busted for bad language?
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say Bard that I couldn't see the video. It must be my old browser, but I saw enough to know that you hang on some really bent sites for your input.

Any chance that I'll see Netanyahu's rant on real news?
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac. I don't feel able to stand back from my upbringing and 'moulding' during the war, and post war European divisions and crises to fully see reason. (My father was an active combatant and suffered injury and trauma that affected him for the rest of his life, and I inherited an emotional nature from my mother which sometimes blinds to common sense.)

There was an outstanding (to me) moment in the 1948 film Battleground, starring Van Johnson (sp) dramatising the Ardennes offensive, in which a 'Holy Joe' was holding service in the field to the frozen, exhausted, and surrounded troops, and trying to answer the question, was it worth it? I can't remember the exact words but his meaning was clear. It went along the lines of ... we didn't ask for this fight, but some evil people thought they could dominate others, and do as they pleased, so they had to be stopped. Yes it was necessary to fight, and yes, it was worth it. And I'll tell you this, NEVER AGAIN WILL WE ALLOW ANY ISM TO GAIN SUCH A HOLD in the future.

I may have interpreted slightly wrongly, but remember that after the war, we in Europe were faced by divisions and crises and the rise of the 'evil' Russian communist empire. ( The Iron Curtain.)

When emotion runs high, in either friend or foe, reason flies out of the window, and restraint is hard to come by. And doesn't fanaticism run on high emotion!

Anyway, thanks for the considered reply, but I'll disengage and leave the solutions to others.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chandler, just google netanyahu lectures obama video. That site is not a source of news for me, but it is the 1st site that had the video.

Mac, Yo bitch. I was in heavan at Arroyo Laguna on mast high waves an a 5.3 sail, hangin with God during my personal rapture. But.....laughing at an 89 year old preacher with dementia is not a kind thing to do.
mac

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm laughing at you. Bad language, for sure. Bad spelling too.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Chandler, just google netanyahu lectures obama video. That site is not a source of news for me, but it is the 1st site that had the video.

Mac, Yo bitch. I was in heavan at Arroyo Laguna on mast high waves an a 5.3 sail, hangin with God during my personal rapture. But.....laughing at an 89 year old preacher with dementia is not a kind thing to do.

He was right, if you live in Joplin, Missouri!.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it seem like there's far more death and destruction this spring than even katrina? Now another major volcano?

Mac, maybe the end times are near, better pray. You wouldn't want to go to hell. yes this is GOD whispering into your ear.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting piece in one of todays papers which accords with Mr Gybes assertion, and agrees with my (emotional) gut feeling, that the arabs surrounding Israel are less interested in peace, than their destruction.

"I'm sick of the continual reference to the 1967 borders in the Israel/Arab conflict. The term ia a misnomer. The 1967 delineations were the ceasefire lines of the 1948 conflict when the combined Arab world failed in its attempt to destroy Israel.

From 1948 to 1967 the so called West Bank and Gaza were occupied by Jordan and Egypt respectively. The Arab world had an opportunity to create a Palestinian state during those 19 years, but chose not to. What they did was create the Palestine Liberation Organisation, though the only land left to be 'liberated' was Israel itself.

This should tell everyone what is the real agenda. The 1967 situation, referred to as 'the Auschwitz borders' rewards Arab aggression and gives them another opportunity to destroy Israel where they have previously failed.

It seems world leaders have learned nothing from history and are again prepared tp sacrifice Israel on the altar of political expediency."
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's with the Israelis expanding new settlements wanting to grow their game? Kind of reminds one of what we did to the American Indians.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps world history, and their experience, has shown that attack is the best form of defence. After all, the stronger your hand, the better the final outcome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19

Jump to: