myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
ARCHIVE: Where We Sailed Today, Thread Part I.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 311, 312, 313 ... 425, 426, 427  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geohaye

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: New to this forum - not windsurfing though :-) Reply with quote

Brian, central SF bay spots like Crissy, TI, and Candlestick may give you something to play with. Long drive from Davis, but Treasure Island has shot up to 18 just now -- pretty resilient spot, it will blow sometimes for no reason at all!

windsurfca wrote:
Any suggestions as to where the wind is hiding today? I am in Davis, CA for the next 5 weeks and want to get out on the water asap (been on the east coast for 17 years!). I starting WS in '85 on the bay and then continued at Sherman Island while in school here years ago.

Any suggestions would be great!
Thanks,
b-
windsurfca

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: New to this forum - not windsurfing though :-) Reply with quote

Thank you very much! It is a bit of a drive, especially with the potential for traffic jams. I will continue to watch and see. I am thinking of coming to the Bay Area anyways to bounce around so who knows!
Thanks again,
b-

geohaye wrote:
Brian, central SF bay spots like Crissy, TI, and Candlestick may give you something to play with. Long drive from Davis, but Treasure Island has shot up to 18 just now -- pretty resilient spot, it will blow sometimes for no reason at all!

windsurfca wrote:
Any suggestions as to where the wind is hiding today? I am in Davis, CA for the next 5 weeks and want to get out on the water asap (been on the east coast for 17 years!). I starting WS in '85 on the bay and then continued at Sherman Island while in school here years ago.

Any suggestions would be great!
Thanks,
b-
victor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 and ebbing at TI now. Good setup.

Another place that usually happens on hot days is the North Tower of the GG Bridge.

Launch is at Ft.Baker. Even scarier than the TI launch but at least the Coast Guard station is right there.
rigatoni

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crissy Field was filled in almost to the beach today. Classic summer pattern and nice ebb conditions late afternoon all weekend.
Goodwind

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hot day at stick...steady wind and warm sun. What a beautiful day in paradise!!

IMG_4224.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.54 MB
 Viewed:  13490 Time(s)

IMG_4224.JPG

dllee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berk mostly 8-20, as bad as that seems, it was.
And kinda switchy too, from WNW to normal WSW... can't believe I sailed for 2 hours out there, 6.0 sail and big course board.
jse

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice crowd at TI today. I counted 22 sails (that I could see) when I got off the water. I was powered on a 4.5

Steve
mch13

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coyote and the Bay supplied 3 days (in a row!) over the holiday weekend of sun, warm water and best of all, steady, strong wind (5.5 215 lbs) for hours and hours on ebb tides no less! Fun ramps and lots of smiles all around.
dllee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarinaBay July 4th not bad 5.0 and 95 liter slalom, nobody around, good from wooden platform to almost back to the launch, lucked into the correct 2 hour window.
windward1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges Reply with quote

Natural Bridges on Saturday and on Monday, the 4th. Seven people out at a time on Saturday. Blowing about 20 mph. On the 4th it was only about 18 mph on average and only a couple of people out.

No wind today, so SUPped out of New Brighton. Fun watching lots of bat rays 'flying' along just under the surface. Sometimes their wing tips just broke the surface. Someimes they seemed to be in a trance and would only notice me after being above them for a quarter of a minute. Then they would bank and 'fly' fast where you see the cream underside and their wings really moving.

What a great place this is.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 311, 312, 313 ... 425, 426, 427  Next
Page 312 of 427

Jump to: