myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Pipe Dream? Vote Fraud .00075%
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Pipe Dream? Vote Fraud .00075% Reply with quote

this guy should have to pay the cost of doing this investigation. Talk about wasting government taxpayer money.

Under Bush the rovian in-justice department made vote fraud one of the highest priorities of the federal prosecutors nearly as high as terrorism. it turned out all of the federal prosecutors were not able to find many. And a group of 6-11 of these political appointed federal prosecutors would not waste taxpayer time on the 5-6 a year they could dig up. They were fired for this. They did testify to this under oath in front of congress. Obviously the media did not get this out to the public. Rove and Bush would not appear before congress under oath to explain. So we can assume these former prosecutors under oath told the truth. So in Bushes/rovian world of high priority they could only in 8 years find under 100 or so in the billions of votes cast.

Now we have a elected right winger in Iowa who spent $150,000.00 to prove there was substantial vote fraud. It came out that he found 16 cases and 5 were already dismissed.

What is troubling is how the right wing media here covered it. They did not list the percentage of fraud this is to show how obsenely low it is.. like the two liberal sources I could find and how that with this rate not a single election could be impacted by such a low rate. And to boot that even with voter ID laws that this would even not matter with the type of fraud committed.

http://www.ktiv.com/story/24229633/2013/12/16/controversy-surrounds-voter-fraud-investigations-iowa-matt-schultz-secretary-of-state-des-moines-register-ballots-ballot-voters-election

Quote:
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) -
After spending nearly $150,000 over 18 months to uncover voter fraud in the state, Iowa Secretary of State Matt Schultz has succeeded only in obtaining charges in 16 cases. Five have been dismissed and five ended in guilty pleas. No cases have gone to trial.

Schultz tells The Des Moines Register it's proof voter fraud exists and taxpayers want him to do something about it.

Advocates for ballot access and Schultz critics say so few cases show voter misconduct is statistically insignificant and is usually the result of a misunderstanding rather than fraud.

Schultz, a Republican who has made ballot security a signature issue, could spend as much as $280,000 on looking into voter fraud as part of a two-year contract he's signed with the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/12/17/3074691/voter-fraud-iowa/

Quote:
However, many of the cases that have not already been dismissed appear to be motivated more by confusion than criminal intent. One woman who pled guilty cast an absentee ballot for her daughter, because her daughter was worried she would not have time to register to vote after a recent move. Another inadvertently registered to vote while getting a state ID card, and was trying to fix the situation himself when he was ensnared by the investigation, according to his attorney. None of the cases have gone to trial yet.

Other states have also come up mostly empty-handed, despite lawmakers’ claims of a voter fraud epidemic. Ohio’s probe similarly turned up voters who were given bad instructions by pollworkers, thought their absentee ballot had gotten lost in the mail, or were simply confused. Colorado has also found a handful of potential perpetrators of voter fraud, many of whom ended up being legitimate voters. An independent investigation in Arizona found just 34 cases of mostly misinformed illegal voters over 8 years. A Florida hunt for illegitimate voters turned up a single non-citizen voter from Canada.

again most of these would have occurred even with a new vote ID. why are we spending millions of dollars a year when there is no problem. I know why...

nw30

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Talk about wasting government taxpayer money."

Okay
~~~~~~~~~~
Wasted: Feds pay to collect human urine, educate Hollywood movie directors
By Stephen Dinan
Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Pentagon spent more than $300 million on a battlefield blimp that didn’t work, finally canceling the project earlier this year at a near-total loss of the taxpayer money invested in the project, according to Sen. Tom Coburn’s latest report on government waste.

The 2013 installment of Mr. Coburn’s Wastebook suggests that despite recent belt-tightening, the administration has still found new ways to squander money:

• $15,000 to collect thousands of gallons of human urine and test it as a hay field fertilizer.

• $5 million for new hand-blown crystal stemware, paid by the State Department, just days before the government shutdown.

• $65 million of Hurricane Sandy emergency relief money that New York and New Jersey spent on television ads promoting tourism.

• $124,955 to build a 3-D printer to make pizzas for NASA.

• $566,000 paid by the U.S. Postal Service to a “futurist,” Faith Popcorn, to try to envision a viable future for the post office.

• $1.5 million spent by the FBI each year to review Hollywood producers and writers on how to portray the agency in movies.

The book is being released Tuesday morning, just hours before Mr. Coburn and fellow senators are expected to vote on a budget agreement that will actually boost spending in 2014, going back on a 2011 deal that was supposed to limit discretionary spending to less than $1 trillion.

“When it comes to spending your money, those in Washington tend to see no waste, speak no waste and cut no waste,” Mr. Coburn said in presenting his report.

His 177-page, meticulously footnoted report contains nearly $30 billion in money that was wasted or spent on questionable projects. This year, with both a spending-related government shutdown and a major fight over the automatic budget sequesters, Mr. Coburn said the wasteful projects should draw even more attention.

The waste he identifies ranges from big-ticket items that are perennial problems — such as the $3.5 billion paid to federal employees who have been identified as tax cheats — to the tiny problems, such as the $40,810 the government spent on a Denver museum dedicated to miniature toys and dolls.

The Defense Department, which has been pleading with Congress to boost its funding and which is getting a major increase in the new budget deal, comes in for particular criticism from Mr. Coburn.

“DOD grounded the Air Force Thunderbirds and Navy Blue Angels, yet still spent $631.4 million to construct aircraft they never intended to fly,” the Oklahoma Republican said.

The biggest item was $7 billion in equipment in Afghanistan that the Pentagon says it will destroy rather than bring home or give away, feeling it doesn’t have a use for the materials back here and doesn’t want to turn them over to allies.

Mr. Coburn also found $10 million spent by the Army National Guard on Superman movie tie-ins, even as plans were being made to cut the strength of the Guard by 8,000 soldiers.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/dec/17/coburn-wasted-feds-pay-collect-human-urine/?page=2#ixzz2nmcfNp8m
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
"Talk about wasting government taxpayer money."

Okay
~~~~~~~~~~
Wasted: Feds pay to collect human urine, educate Hollywood movie directors
By Stephen Dinan
Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Pentagon spent more than $300 million on a battlefield blimp that didn’t work, finally canceling the project earlier this year at a near-total loss of the taxpayer money invested in the project, according to Sen. Tom Coburn’s latest report on government waste.

wow do really not understand ie not capable of connecting the dots? wow this really amazes me how so many americans are just brain dead out there. Serious question so I can understand you better so I can explain at your level, did you ever take math/logic in your life? to what level?

Ok here let me try again, we vote here in the USA for people to represent us. Without voting we can not really profess we are a democracy. This is probably the most important function any american can make to his country. It is not a issue that should ever be removed as it is an absolute right. Our country was founded on representation. People have dies to give us separation from England for this right.

We go to war against other countries so that their people will have the right to vote. we go to countries to make sure their elections are fair. Yet we can not even say our elections are fair. Why because right wingers have rigged the election to not only prevent americans from voting but with machines that are not verifiable made by partisan republicans.

I ask this question all the time, (I am fully capable of making a voting machine all by myself, I am an engineer) if the machines were made by Mike More, Jane Fonda, my company, Castro, Putin, the Chinese would you trust the outcome of any electronic vote machine that is not properly verified? (I can tell you there is no such thing as a properly verified electronic vote machines, impossible to do, (us gov figured it out not long ago no top secret information can be stored on any computer made in china)) So why would you expect me to trust the present machines when all the vote machine companies are run by partisan right wing hacks.

get it voting democracy. your list has nothing to do with voting and our right as americans to vote.

MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our votes don't matter any way. Obamacare is disliked by 70% of the population now. It never was desired by more than 50%. The military industrial, media complex is in charge. We just pay taxes. Don't be fooled.

BTW, Baja, Who do you think controls fairness in National elections? The Democrat Attorney general. Don't be a fool. If anyone is cheating it's the liberals in Washington.
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Our votes don't matter any way. Obamacare is disliked by 70% of the population now. It never was desired by more than 50%. The military industrial, media complex is in charge. We just pay taxes. Don't be fooled.

BTW, Baja, Who do you think controls fairness in National elections? The Democrat Attorney general. Don't be a fool. If anyone is cheating it's the liberals in Washington.

wow I still can not believe how little americans know about the vote process. So the attorney general can prevent state laws from being passed?

Or a sec of state not giveng working vote machines or the correct number to democratic areas when the sec of state is a right wing partisan.

Or the sec of state allowing faux challenges in minority areas that slow the vote process to a crawl when there is no vote fraud.

are you just that ignorant or are you just so hateful of democracy that you believe in fairy all powerful attorney generals.

So you are also saying when a republican is in power that democrats have no ability to stop the "fairness".

remember the only high level partisans ever caught doing vote fraud are Nixon (listen to his tapes as he directs payoffs) and under Bush 3 top right wingers went to jail for phone jamming. They were calling the white house with updates but no independent council was appointed to see who was answering that white house phone.

And Like I said every single electronic vote machine is made by partisan right wing companies.

You did not answeer my question, would you trust a vote machine made by Jane Fonda, m Moore, castro putin, or the chinese? pretty simple question isn't it.

isobars

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
His 177-page, meticulously footnoted report contains nearly $30 billion in money that was wasted or spent on questionable projects.

Mr. Coburn also found $10 million spent by the Army National Guard on Superman movie tie-ins

Yet the House just voted overwhelmingly to cut COLAs on the disability pensions of all disabled combat veterans (maybe even ALL military presently on active duty; the whole bill hasn't yet reached the news cycle) ... men and women who have already donated large parts of their bodies and brains to the security of the free world ... to save a measly $6B.

In case it isn't obvious, this most egregious breach of promise in the history of the world, I would argue, will drastically reduce the number of people dumb enough to volunteer for military service (I hope every big-spender lefty under 40 gets drafted). Your defenders got lied to when they were promised free medical care for life, they get cheated when their lesser disability pay is subtracted directly from their own pension, and now our Wounded Warriors' meager stipends (and maybe the pensions of everyone now on active duty) will decay at the rate of inflation, to the point of worthlessness within a decade or two.
techno900

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I agree that the known voter fraud is very small, I doubt there is an effective way of checking/investigating past elections to see if the person that voted was who they said they were.

I have yet to see who all these people are that currently vote or want to vote, but don't have a photo ID, or how they are being discriminated against. I doubt that there are many of these folks that will have difficulty securing a photo ID and for those that may have a hard time securing one, there are options:

In the new North Carolina voting law, it says:
Quote:
There are no photo ID requirements for persons who request and submit a by-mail absentee ballot; however, by-mail absentee voters will need to provide identification information on their absentee ballot request form beginning in 2014. The State Absentee Ballot Request Form will be available online and at county board of elections’ offices on January 1, 2014. The request form will require voters to provide one of the following: (1) their drivers license number, (2) the last four digits of their Social Security number; or (3) a copy of a HAVA ID.

I know that the same provision is in the new Texas voting law as well, so just what is the problem with the new laws?
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
nw30 wrote:
His 177-page, meticulously footnoted report contains nearly $30 billion in money that was wasted or spent on questionable projects.

Mr. Coburn also found $10 million spent by the Army National Guard on Superman movie tie-ins

Yet the House just voted overwhelmingly to cut COLAs on the disability pensions of all disabled combat veterans (maybe even ALL military presently on active duty; the whole bill hasn't yet reached the news cycle) ... men and women who have already donated large parts of their bodies and brains to the security of the free world ... to save a measly $6B.

In case it isn't obvious, this most egregious breach of promise in the history of the world, I would argue, will drastically reduce the number of people dumb enough to volunteer for military service (I hope every big-spender lefty under 40 gets drafted). Your defenders got lied to when they were promised free medical care for life, they get cheated when their lesser disability pay is subtracted directly from their own pension, and now our Wounded Warriors' meager stipends (and maybe the pensions of everyone now on active duty) will decay at the rate of inflation, to the point of worthlessness within a decade or two.

wow as usual you added nothing to the subject at hand. this is a trolling attempt by you because you hate democracy. If you do not like democracy then I suggest you go back unbder your rock. My gosh what a off topic stupid post.

real-human

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
While I agree that the known voter fraud is very small, I doubt there is an effective way of checking/investigating past elections to see if the person that voted was who they said they were.

I have yet to see who all these people are that currently vote or want to vote, but don't have a photo ID, or how they are being discriminated against. I doubt that there are many of these folks that will have difficulty securing a photo ID and for those that may have a hard time securing one, there are options:

In the new North Carolina voting law, it says:
Quote:
There are no photo ID requirements for persons who request and submit a by-mail absentee ballot; however, by-mail absentee voters will need to provide identification information on their absentee ballot request form beginning in 2014. The State Absentee Ballot Request Form will be available online and at county board of elections’ offices on January 1, 2014. The request form will require voters to provide one of the following: (1) their drivers license number, (2) the last four digits of their Social Security number; or (3) a copy of a HAVA ID.

I know that the same provision is in the new Texas voting law as well, so just what is the problem with the new laws?

why what did the founding fathers have when they voted? what was the intend at our country's founding?

yep right wingers want people to vote absentee in right wing areas because they will challenge them so they are only counted in a re-count. that is another right wing tactic.

again Bush Rove made it a huge priority to go after vote fraud for 8 years. and again with the full weight of the federal government looking into it and now you are again speculated your hacks did not do a good enough job. give me a break........ wake up to reality of the world.

again no right winger chiming in on right wingers making electronic vote machines and if you would trust a machine made by Mike Moore jane Fonda Sorros and so on. you little chicken shiiites. simple direct question. cowards...............

pueno

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Fick-shun wrote:

Yet the House just voted overwhelmingly to cut COLAs on the disability pensions of all disabled combat veteran...

Awww... poor Mikey. Deprived of an increase in your disability payment. My heart bleeds for ya, big guy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: