myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Why are Sailworks Sails the Best Sails Ever ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spennie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin, are you nuts? Saturday, of course! Check the forecast! Debi and I will be there with our van full of Huckers for you to try for free.

So funny, my voice-to-text wrote "hookers"!

spennie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars: There you go with the negatives waves, man! Didn't say that, didn't say that, and didn't say that, either. Although Barry Spanier told me, in person, that he wasn't a windsurfer, and relied solely on input from others. Also, SOME brands have changed their design for marketing purposes--unless you think that swirly hurricane-shaped seam-fest on the old Hot Sails was necessary for it to work?

C'mon guys, we're talking about why we love our Sailworks, not about unspoken assumed insults to others!

Sheesh!

windoggi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first day for my new Sailworks 6.5 Retro at Berkeley. Flat light so it seemed mellow and looked like a good day to try my recent investment....once out to the wind line, the reality kicked in. Way OPd. Time to dial it in. Harness lines back...better. Still hard work. More outhaul...much better! Mast all the way forward...perfect! Still too much sail, but manageable. I'm sure more downhaul would have done the trick. During the lulls, it showed its power, during the gusts it showed its range. So thrilled with my new sail!
dabull1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: S'cuse Me! Reply with quote

Wow Spennie! Demo hookers... Line up starts early, no sloppy seconds! Seriously, I actually have a 4.6 Revo in my Maui quiver that's been making me smile for around ten years' Bombproof! Bull

Last edited by dabull1 on Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
vikingsail

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm down in Frisco NC, getting ready to work for Roger and Ellen at the windfest. We just rigged 4 new Retro sails in preparation for the event and plan to have them rigged for demo tomorrow. We immediately noticed the changes for 2014 which improve the performance of the sail. Gotta love it when you can count on being able to talk to the loft and get anwsers if you need to and know Bruce is making the sails even better.
uchida

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love my Revolutions. I've been sailing them since the days of negative outhaul. 4 sails, 4.0-5.4, seem to work just fine for my Maui summer sailing. Easy to rig and dial into the prevailing conditions. I've tried other sails but always seem to go back to Sailworks. Bruce does a great job!
bert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best sails ever??.. For now they probably are as I have 3 fairly new Huckers (4.2,5.6,6.6) and a new 5.0 Retro. But back in the day my Rushwinds were the best, then the North Disco series reigned supreme, and for the past 10 yrs my Naish Force quiver served my needs. All these sails provided me with the low end grunt and horsepower for my style of sailing as I usually sail from noon to 3 when the wind is just starting to build (I worked swing shift before retiring recently). Just got my new 6.6 Hucker today and sailed it at Third Ave at 1pm when the wind was at 12 mph. I was planing when the wind got to 15 (bout 1:45). I'll need to tweek my rig set up to hopefully plane at 13mph on my 110L RRD Firemove.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spennie wrote:
isobars: There you go with the negatives waves, man! Didn't say that, didn't say that, and didn't say that, either.

That's how it came and comes across.
spennie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Constant persecution has made you paranoid & defensive. Relax!
sinusoidal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spennie wrote:
Constant persecution has made you paranoid & defensive. Relax!

that's an unfair comment. I agree with Isobars observations. He said nothing negative in his post, he's just trying to give you an honest perspective. Your rebuttal was overly defensive, not his. Not sayin Sailworks aren't good sails, but your tone smells like you have some skin in this brand. Do you?

Your designer isn't always your best builder. Sometimes takes a team to make the best product. Barry Spanier and the Mauisails brand is excellent. Same for Hotsailsmaui. Your post seemed negative towards those brands. Don't think that was necessary or fair in promoting Sailworks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: