myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Caravan to La Ventana

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hydro

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Caravan to La Ventana Reply with quote

Looking to caravan to La Ventana first week of November
scameron

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I"ll be leaving for La Ventana from Pt Richmond on the 14th of Nov. Will be traveling slow, as we will be pulling my travel trailer. I would be interested in doing a caravan.
windfind

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi hydro,

The best way to organize a caravan is to check out the weekly VentanaView newsletter. It has all the news about La Ventana and towards the bottom there is a list of all the people organizing caravans this winter. It is also great for getting rides from the airport.

To get the free newsletter mail: ventana.view@gmail.com

For baja driving tips and road news see the iwindsurf.com Baja Guide: http://blog.weatherflow.com/baja-guide-by-mike-godsey/

Here is a video of La Ventana windsurfing and some other videos of action on the water:

http://windnotes.phanfare.com/4743675_5625356

If you end up leaving later in Nov. contact me since I will be on the road by then..... mike@iwindsurf.com

Mike Godsey
iwindsurf.com

ZZ7C2A24A5.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  86.62 KB
 Viewed:  13906 Time(s)

ZZ7C2A24A5.jpg

airwave

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Windfind,

Where is that wave that is on the video on the link you just posted, about 2:30minutes - 2:45minutes in? It looked really good.
When, where, what conditions?
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

airwave wrote:
Hey Windfind,

Where is that wave that is on the video on the link you just posted, about 2:30minutes - 2:45minutes in? It looked really good.

You'll have to confirm with Mike, but it looks like the wave off "The General's" just north of the campground.

More info here:

http://prowindsurflaventana.com/wyatt-and-tysons-la-ventana-baja-report-dec-7th-2011/

http://prowindsurflaventana.com/windsurfing/
combs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike- Are you going to be able to provide any human forecasting for La Ventana during the X-mas to NYE timeframe this year? I've always found them to be quite helpful.
windfind

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

airwave wrote:
Hey Windfind,

Hey Airwave,

That wave is at the south end of the main campground. It is rarely that big except after a day or two of really big El Norte winds. That is probably the biggest day in the last 10 years. And it only breaks there when the tide is just right.

Usually the Generals break is much better. Both are easy backside wave sailing and break on offshore bars so there is no shore break and have an easy impact zone. The typical size is what you see in the rest of my video with gentle 1-2 foot faces.

I am not sure when I will start forecasting this winter but probably early December. We are working on getting a Los Barriles sensor this winter which would really help in forecasting.

The video below shows the Baja winds tomorrow. The North Pacific High is in one of its winter time homes. This location is great for San Carlos on the pacific side. But as you can see this NW wind deflects the El Norte winds from La Ventana.

On days like this the La Ventana wind is way outside and gusty and shifty inside. 10 years ago the NPH was rarely in this location so La Ventana had some of the steadiest winds anywhere. The North Pacific High has been misbehaving in recent years.

Mike Godsey
iwindsurf.com

BajaENwindsNPH.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.53 MB
 Viewed:  13712 Time(s)

BajaENwindsNPH.gif

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: