myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Wing sail is reality now
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
killogramm

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

westender wrote:
Your sails will be very fast but I will regain the lead when they fall in the water on the gibe.
We shell see. Now you agree that my sail is faster.
westender

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until you send a sail to Craig we can only take the word of someone who can't gibe.
killogramm

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

westender wrote:
Until you send a sail to Craig we can only take the word of someone who can't gibe.
Don't take my word for it,cutomer and eyewitness testimonials coming soon on my web. By the way, who is Graig?
dcharlton

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Innovation is what will keep our sport growing. We need it, it will benefit us all. We need to keep at it or we will continue to lose out to kiting.

As for this new sail, what would help tremendously is a paragraph and bullet points on what is new about it, what are it's advantages and where it will help take our sport. We're on over a dozen pages of comments, I've seen the youtube video and I'm still not entirely sure of what makes the sail different. If this sail will reduce the quiver, handle broader ranges and make us do more with less wind (like foiling), that would help.

Thank you for innovating!

DC
techno900

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plenty of interesting dialogue here with a new concept in windsurfing sail design.

The only thing that will push the sail forward is a video of an expert sailor plus his commentary on how the sail performs. Until then, skepticism will prevail.

And by the way, rigging and tuning my race sails (Maui Sails), takes less than 5 minutes.

Once laid out:
mast insert = 10 seconds (wide luff)
insert extension, thread line and down haul = 60 seconds
attach boom = 30 seconds
attach outhaul, pull to max (adjustable) = 30 seconds
back off downhaul 10 cm to pop on cambers, then re-downhaul = 60 seconds
attach uphaul line, universal and tack strap = 45 seconds
killogramm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcharlton wrote:
Innovation is what will keep our sport growing. We need it, it will benefit us all. We need to keep at it or we will continue to lose out to kiting.

As for this new sail, what would help tremendously is a paragraph and bullet points on what is new about it, what are it's advantages and where it will help take our sport. We're on over a dozen pages of comments, I've seen the youtube video and I'm still not entirely sure of what makes the sail different. If this sail will reduce the quiver, handle broader ranges and make us do more with less wind (like foiling), that would help.

Thank you for innovating!

DC
Hi! Have you visit MWsails.com ? There is article about wing dynamics. Yes it will go faster, you will break your own records in top and avarage speed. It will stay stable in all winds. It has broader wind range from 14 to 42 kt. It better gibe with. It easier waterstart. It more compact for travel . I did not try it with foil, but teoretivally will perform great on foil. We send sail for ice sailing to Finland. But their season few weeks away. Results awating. By the way, kite foilers , they use kite with two surfases just like my sail, they call it foil kite.
killogramm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
Plenty of interesting dialogue here with a new concept in windsurfing sail design.

The only thing that will push the sail forward is a video of an expert sailor plus his commentary on how the sail performs. Until then, skepticism will prevail.

And by the way, rigging and tuning my race sails (Maui Sails), takes less than 5 minutes.

Once laid out:
mast insert = 10 seconds (wide luff)
insert extension, thread line and down haul = 60 seconds
attach boom = 30 seconds
attach outhaul, pull to max (adjustable) = 30 seconds
back off downhaul 10 cm to pop on cambers, then re-downhaul = 60 seconds
attach uphaul line, universal and tack strap = 45 seconds
I can't say about Maui sail , but I have seen people rigging point7 longer than 30 min. After all it is not about rigging time, it is about wingsail superior performance.
grantmac017

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're going to sell based on performance then you are really going to need some professional testers under test conditions.
As of right now you are about half way through the scientific process. You have a theory but you don't have an experiment. Asking buyers to be beta testers is not something a company wit no hard data and a premium price tag can ask.

Luderitz happens every year, I'm sure someone will take it down the ditch.
killogramm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grantmac017 wrote:
If you're going to sell based on performance then you are really going to need some professional testers under test conditions.
As of right now you are about half way through the scientific process. You have a theory but you don't have an experiment. Asking buyers to be beta testers is not something a company wit no hard data and a premium price tag can ask.

Luderitz happens every year, I'm sure someone will take it down the ditch.
You think ready to sell commercial product is still experiment? Science behind my sail is not theory but well known fact. Let's face it , all sailing speed records done with wind. And who's professional I should ask to test my sail? They all belong to other companies, do you think they will give me good review? Based on what I've experienced already, I should grow my own professional or rely on first customers who is intelligent enough to understand wing advantages. I know these people exist and I bet on them first.
SpeedRoo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killogramm wrote:
dhmark wrote:
I applaud the inventor of this sail, hope that there is a patentable concept in it. It seems to me that this sail is a type of racing sail, given its disadvantage (weight) and potential advantages (speed and range). Not ever having ever used a modern racing sail in my life, I don't really know how it might compare. Has the OP compared his sail directly to racing sails?
However sail is faster than any race sail of equal size and much easier to use than any sail on market. Proper aerodynamics at work.

You're dreaming mate! 5.6-5.8 Race sails from Neil Pryde, Loft, Severne have all done over 50 knots. Until you get a gps and record some speeds, publish the data and files it's all BS on your part.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 13 of 25

Jump to: