myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Infinity 76 wing first thoughts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brantfredrickson

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a really good thread! I'm on session 4 with a Wizard 150, Infinity 84, and 6.5 meter sail. My pumping skills are non-existence so I wait for a gust. Then its a shhhh… sound and I'm up on a plane, then a chit, chit, chit sound, followed by silence. The most so far the longest silence has been is about 10 seconds.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I greatly appreciate all the generous foiling advice you guys have given me in this and other threads. It helped me make some decisions, from tweaking my gear and technique to selling my foil kit after one short season. My rationale for the latter exceed 20 reasons -- mostly general, some personal -- while the advantages fit on a postage stamp. YMMV, and I’m glad so many people enjoy it.

Mike \m/
wernerhickey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed reading the chat on the page before on the different mast heights with foiling. I have just started foiling as mentioned in another thread - the Super Cruiser seems to like to stay lower on the mast - confirmed by another very good foiler here. I can angle the rear foil to gain more lift by geometry but at the moment I am not bothered. I wonder whether this could become a style of this sport - ie bouncing off swell and chop and swell at will. Again I am only one solid weekend for folinging into this sport.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wernerhickey wrote:
I wonder whether this could become a style of this sport - ie bouncing off swell and chop and swell at will.

Presuming you mean laterally and in quick succession when desired, I've been WSing in that mode since I bought my first Gorge Animal and got rid of my lawn mowers in 1992. Haven't tired of it yet.
wernerhickey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha Ha I can imagine that in the Gorge - was on my bucket list years ago. Did make Maui - but I don't think the Gorge will happen. By the way I love your passion Mike - you know what you like and don't like I can respect that.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wernerhickey wrote:
Ha Ha I can imagine that in the Gorge - was on my bucket list years ago. Did make Maui - but I don't think the Gorge will happen. By the way I love your passion Mike - you know what you like and don't like I can respect that.

Too bad more people can't like or at least respect that.

As you know, the Gorge (like Maui or Mud Lake) doesn't just happen; it takes conscious thought and effort even as close as I am to it. Even if one short trip doesn't find much wind, that first Gorge trip is two hoots and an eye-opener, and offers at least 27 other things to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24
Page 24 of 24

Jump to: