myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Los Angeles Beach Closures
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JamesHardy

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes me laugh when I see someone alone driving along in their car wearing a mask. A friend nailed it when he said "its equivalent to a single guy wearing a condom to bed"!
rigatoni

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mask inside a shared indoor space with strangers-makes total sense right now

Mask outside at the beach-if it makes you feel safe or allows you some virtue signaling to others, feel free but not exactly sure it is really doing much good.

Mask while windsurfing-sure go ahead. It helps to spot the kooks from a distance

Mask while driving-yes these people look ridiculous.

With regards to beach or launch access, I have to imagine there is a path forward that allows parking areas to open maybe with reduced capacity? Maybe restrictions on weekends and not weekdays?
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone please explain the possible rationale for driving while solo, with mask on, with windows closed? Its killing me.
windward1

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.....you don't want to catch it from yourself, do you?
theq

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, playing the kook's advocate, I suppose that one might be keeping their mask on in their car because they have another "mask mandatory" stop to make. And the more you fumble with a mask, the more likely you are to contaminate from mask to nose, eyes, etc. Experts, for those who listen to such types Wink , talk about the risks in handling the masks too much, or improperly to begin with.

When I was a young surf-dog we used to laugh at the guys who would drive long distances in their wetsuits to go surf. I guess masks aren't much different from that. Maybe the wearer is in a big hurry and doesn't want to waste time outside their destination masking up? Yeah, it looks goofy but it might not be as goofy as it looks.

Disclosure: I do tend to take off my mask when I'm in the car. However, I have kept it on when my next "mask mandatory" destination was very close by.

While it is true that LA now has a rule that one must wear a mask while outside, I doubt that anyone expects water-sports enthusiasts to wear them. Depending on how much water said mask retains, it seems like a great way to start the drowning process. Cheers.
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1

Exactly Mr. Q

p.s. I've also just plain spaced out and left my mask on in the car, but I'm
"essential" so have been working with a mask on for weeks and gotten
used to it.

p.p.s this might possibly be the 1st time anyone has ever considered me a
Kook.

theq wrote:
Well, playing the kook's advocate, I suppose that one might be keeping their mask on in their car because they have another "mask mandatory" stop to make. And the more you fumble with a mask, the more likely you are to contaminate from mask to nose, eyes, etc. Experts, for those who listen to such types Wink , talk about the risks in handling the masks too much, or improperly to begin with.

When I was a young surf-dog we used to laugh at the guys who would drive long distances in their wetsuits to go surf. I guess masks aren't much different from that. Maybe the wearer is in a big hurry and doesn't want to waste time outside their destination masking up? Yeah, it looks goofy but it might not be as goofy as it looks.

Disclosure: I do tend to take off my mask when I'm in the car. However, I have kept it on when my next "mask mandatory" destination was very close by.

While it is true that LA now has a rule that one must wear a mask while outside, I doubt that anyone expects water-sports enthusiasts to wear them. Depending on how much water said mask retains, it seems like a great way to start the drowning process. Cheers.
JamesHardy

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wearing a mask in the car while riding solo is like kiters wearing trunks over their wetsuit. They know exactly why they do it but when asked they wont tell you. Just say'in!
dabull1

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
What do you do with your required mask once you want to enter the water?
iT becomes a blindfold...
dabull1

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to break out the bolt cutters... we’re going to put up with this horse crap for how long? Come on people, time to lose the sheep mentality!
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got to admit, if authorities shut down PCH parking, you're screwed at Leo, especially if state park parking isn't an option.

For us older guys, how long do you have to play the game? Already, we know the iWindsurf sensor is history, so things really don't look that good. Of course, it's not about us in the current picture.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: