myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Flikka Boards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sav1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:00 am    Post subject: Flikka Boards Reply with quote

There is little online feedback about these boards although they have assembled a capable crew and team riders. Can anyone share their experience with this semi custom brand?
wdsurf

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:02 pm    Post subject: Flikka Reply with quote

Top quality build had a 110 foil board light stiff pretty durable had my foil not pushed all the way in Tuttle box Horue very light foil teetered down from gravity no wind pointy end of fuselage poked a hole right thru to foam 85cm mast was pissed to say the least just stepped away to van 2 steps to get screwdriver bought from isthmus
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

99 liter Bought direct and imported, myself . No hassles .They met a timetable that was restricted. Very accommodating, with some custom touches, paint , my choice on boxes and fins.
They were in a transition phase so the board itself was a combo of at least 2 variations,
Not a wave, more FSW. Best packing from Europe I have ever seen.
I felt it sailed smaller than 99. All components made in house, I ordered additional slot boxes for my own installations , best I’ve seen.
As good as any Cobra product.
Witchcraft a option. If shipping were in line MOO Custom.
From Maui, Mark Nelson and Brian Cartwright.

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Boards UK forum was active back then, gone now, a lot of feedback on there.
The foreign language ones now would have , Sweden German.

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
VinceSF

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: Flikka Boards Reply with quote

sav1 wrote:
There is little online feedback about these boards although they have assembled a capable crew and team riders. Can anyone share their experience with this semi custom brand?

Construction quality is miles above anything else. My board ended up on the rocks battered by waves. I thought it would be the end of it. Only had a few scratches. Board is still as light as it was 4 years ago. and that is WAY lighter than anything COBRA shits out, especially those days where big brands have beefed up construction of their boards to avoid returns/warranty which, with shipping being more expensive that ever. Like any ompany who wants to do well, they looked at the crap other companies are making and fixed it. Example: footstraps insert: the chinook ones are 30 year old techonology. (maybe more?) isn't it time to upgrade? yeah. it is. they solved it.
Now is it more expensive? not even.
I say go for it. they know what they're doing.
wsurfn1426

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply the best constructed board I have ever owned. Excellent freestyle design as well. I have owned mine since 6/15, 143 sessions to date. Lots of crashes, no repairs yet, no soft deck. I weigh #240. I will buy again.
fathomfathom

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have sailed their 72L wave board
Now own the 99FSW
I own Goya Custom, SB Nuevo.

Excellent construction, I think much tougher than Cobra board
Very light.
Excellent attention to details (straps, vent etc...) all using the same Allen key provided.

Great shapes for waves in the more curvy ones (used it Marocco and was comparable to Boujma's edition SB wave board).
Very fast too.

Highly recommended.
dvCali

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Flikka Boards Reply with quote

sav1 wrote:

I have a custom Flikka Foil board. Great construction and it is the lightest I have seen around. I am ordering a 62 x 230 (40 one foot off) x 98L slalom board this fall and I might double with a 59 x 225 x 85L B&J ...
bericw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I "found" Flikka a few years ago after reading wsurfn1426's blog about his purchase from them. So thankful!

My personal experience with Flikka for a custom freestyle and after that was so good a wave board has been: communicative and attentive to detail expert shaper/company owner that cares deeply about customers getting what they want, professional staff for billing and communication, more than competitive prices even with shipping, a set schedule that is kept for completion and shipping, careful and strong shipment packaging, light and super strong perfect and beautiful construction and finish with in-house made carbon boxes and inox inserts,  in-house made fins, and... truely incredible sailing performance and perfect durability.

Have a great day.

Beric
sav1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: