myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
The Gorge is not your toilet. Or universal dump for plastic.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
biffmalibu

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:01 pm    Post subject: The Gorge is not your toilet. Or universal dump for plastic. Reply with quote

Friday, October 30, Rufus grain elevator beach. It was a good day to be on the water. Big swell materialized late-afternoon, after most had left. But there was a serious buzz-kill at the beautiful beach by the grain elevators: human waste (poop) and plastic litter. This I discovered during a trip to the shrubbery for an emergency pre-session dump, cat hole digging stick and toilet paper in hand.

I considered posting pictures of the scene (dozens of blue wipes, a few human turds). But I am refraining out of good taste. There is litter (most baby blue butt wipes are made of PLASTIC and do NOT biodegrade) and poop in the de facto latrine area just east of the beach.

This is NOT cool. There is no argument possible to justify littering and polluting the Gorge. Don't even try; you'll embarrass yourself. And I will help you along with that, I promise. It's been almost a week now, and I'm still pissed about it. So you will get both barrels. Especially the standard forum trolls and hijackers. Just shut up for a change.

All litter and shit runs downhill...and into the river. At the very least, people (male, female, and every possibility in between) should be digging cat holes and burying shit with biodegradable paper. This is NORMAL behavior for emergency pooping.

I am calling upon the prime baby blue wipes litterer (yes, these are expensive wipes, so the culprit is probably a windsurfer/foiler with money to burn, NOT a homeless person) to be a hero, do the right thing, and pick up the blue litter A.S.A.P. At some point, I am going to don some personal protective equipment, grab a shovel, go back there, and clean up the place too. AND I am going to dig an emergency slit-trench latrine! With a crude sign that says "POOP/PAPER HERE!" Please use the latrine properly with biodegradable toilet paper; cover up your shit with a stick! If you need to wipe your vag/ass with plastic, pack that OUT in a trash bag. This is NORMAL for responsible emergency pooping.

*Yes, I know there is also an actual vault toilet at Rufus gravel pile, which is a great primary option. My latrine solution is for practical and emergency pooping.

Littering is NOT cool. How would you like it in your neighborhood? You would be just as pissed.

24d11ef308c736767a6205fc549d3b54.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  24.25 KB
 Viewed:  36690 Time(s)

24d11ef308c736767a6205fc549d3b54.jpg

isobars

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a real book, not a joke book. It has some funny comments, but even those convey serious practical messages for anyone who doesn't like stepping or rigging in human waste. And if anyone can smell it, they're usually inhaling the germs as well.

Yet even at nice parks with flush toilets, I see (and try to shame, if it's possible) people too damned lazy to walk 100 feet to said toilets. Peeing behind a bush is bad enough, but REALLY -- turning one's back towards the crowd and taking a whiz on the lawn in full view of kids is over the top. Kids see, kids do.

As Biden often puts it ... "Come on, MAN!" ... and it applies to women at least as much, because they (most of them) use paper every time. Doncha just love it when you're rigging and some obviously used TP blows right past or onto you? Or when a launch gets closed because of the waste buildup?

Just a suggestion, Biff: photograph the pooper, not the poop.
biffmalibu

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iso, you just can't help yourself, can you? You need help. Do us a favor and just delete this distraction. And stop it. This is me, being "nice". Or maybe the iwindsurf moderators will just move it to the political B.S. section.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm agreeing with and supporting you, you ingrate.
biffmalibu

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, Iso, you're distracting, diluting, diverting, and stirring the pot a little bit ("...Biden..."). And you're grandstanding and self-aggrandizing (as usual). Narcissist much? Shut up for a change. Just TRY it. It builds character! And find another hobby that takes you AWAY from the internet. That will also build character. You might be happier for the remainder of your days.

If you want to be supportive, how about "I agree, this is a good solution, based on my readings of latrines. I support Biff."? And just leave it at that. But, no, it's all about YOU in the end, isn't it? And destroy everybody else (via character assassination). It's sad that I have to give a simple example like this to an old man who should know better. But personality disorders require extra and repeated interventions. I think you should just shut up. But, no, you simply can't. Your personality compels you, doesn't it? Your poop never stinks.

I am SO over trolls and Narcissists on the internet and everywhere. You ruin ALL forums and society with Axis 2 level pollution and destruction. Decent knowledgeable people stop participating in disgust because of trolls and hijackers. EVERY forum, destroyed by trolls by the end of page one! So over it all. Newspaper and internet editors, RIP.
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When windsurfing in the wild with no facilities, I've always carried a bottle or container in the vehicle to pee in. It just makes sense to be responsible and not pollute the environment.
westender

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pee is good for stuff. https://www.permaculturenews.org/2016/06/14/biological-fertiliser-human-urine/
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Slinger was right about Biff.

Buh Bye.
merriam

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just carry a couple of these with your outdoor gear:

https://thedyrt.com/magazine/gear/wag-bag-camping-waste/#:~:text=Wag%20bags%20are%20basically%20dog,human%20waste%20in%20the%20backcountry.&text=Each%20bag%20is%20puncture%2Dresistant,small%20portion%20of%20toilet%20paper.
philodog

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a bigger problem with TP than poop. Poop dries up and disappears after a while. TP sticks around for years. Keep a lighter in your TP bag and burn it on site or if there's fire danger just bag it and dispose of properly. Biff, if you're burying or leaving your TP you're part of the problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: