myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Electrical Vehicles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Still another apolitical WSJ piece on Wednesday reinforced my original source's evaluation. That's good enough for me, considering that I'm a couple of thousand miles from that misery.

I usually read others' immediate responses to being PLONKed in case they fill in the holes they dug. Your other commentary since my previous post (and some from years gone by) just dug your hole deeper and manifest the countless times I've explained my rationale for PLONKing people. Your assessment isn't even close.

Apolitical WSJ piece is an oxymoron. Iso is a regular moron.
vientomas

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iso-Annoying is like the teacher from Peanuts. Wha, wha, wha, wha, wha, wha.

Except with Iso it's plonky, plonky, plonky, plonky , plonky, plonky, plonk. Rolling Eyes
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds to me like isobars thinks that folks here actually care about his foolish kill-file nonsense. He couldn't be farther from the truth, but that's not surprising.
coachg

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being on Iso's kill file is a good thing. It means you corrected one of his moronic statements like this on Corona virus.

isobars wrote:
Influenza is a much more deadly disease. Get your priorities straight, fearmonger.

Coachg
SAS

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to not providing the power needed during this storm because the utilities were unprepared for this winter storm, despite prior experience with similar events, Texans pay more for their power due to deregulation.

This comes from the Wall Street Journal, ISOBAR'S favorite source:

"Nearly 20 years ago, Texas shifted from using full-service regulated utilities to generate power and deliver it to consumers. The state deregulated power generation, creating the system that failed last week. And it required nearly 60% of consumers to buy their electricity from one of many retail power companies, rather than a local utility.

Those deregulated Texas residential consumers paid $28 billion more for their power since 2004 than they would have paid at the rates charged to the customers of the state’s traditional utilities, according to the Journal’s analysis of data from the federal Energy Information Administration."
mac

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is unfortunate that deregulation became an ideology rather than a tool. There are certainly instances--trucking being one of the more successful--where deregulation reduced prices and improved services. But Enron was a Texas firm. And Republicans have held hegemony in Texas for a full generation. Perhaps the thread should be retitled--beyond nutty, welcome to Texas?
Where customers are held hostage to those who contribute to Texas Republican politicians.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: