myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Rest in Peace ANDRE - MEMORIAL MEET AND SWIM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:19 pm    Post subject: Rest in Peace ANDRE - MEMORIAL MEET AND SWIM Reply with quote

A lot of you already know about ANDRE VOLANT passing.
I am deeply sudden to have lost him , he was such a gentle , goofy soul with a very interesting life. I regret that he didn't sail that much the last few years but it was quite understandable given his age,condition of his equipment ( nearly as old as him) and a lot of close calls he had recently.
Since he was a Coyote regular I would like to organize
ANDRE MEET AND SWIM at Coyote on November 7th at 1pm at the windsurfing lunch area. Bring your own bottle , some snacks and either SUP or some old windsurfing boards. The older the better. Possible with a fin screws which might break while on the water - ANDRE style. Or no fin at all.
And most important bring memories of him to share and any pictures you might have. I envision meet and greet first followed by a a short paddle or swim out to offer the Bay a rose and cigarette in his name ( he was a smoker till the end). I'll bring a grill and hot dogs but don't expect anything fancy.
After which heavy drinking may occur.
In case of unexpected heavy storm bail out date is November 13th at 13.00
See you there - Peter

https://www.skylawnmemorialpark.com/m/obituaries/Andre-Volant/Memories
BRIMAR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:53 pm    Post subject: Nice words Peter Reply with quote

Thank you for the nice words regarding our friend Andre.
yes he had a kind soul great sense of humor and he was really a great guy.
I'm most likely going to be on maui the 9th but will be sure to walk around in bare feet complaining about the "stickers in the grass" that Andre would always complain about.
Andrea and I had an awful lot in common both being avid windsurfers and pilots.
he had a broad range of experience in both disciplines with stories of life threatening experiences.

RIP Andre

Flying West

I hope there's a place, way up in the sky Where pilots can go when they have to die. A place where a guy could buy a cold beer For a friend and a comrade whose memory is dear. A place where no doctor or lawyer could tread, Nor a management-type would e'ler be caught dead! Just a quaint little place, kind of dark, full of smoke, Where they like to sing loud, and love a good joke. The kind of a place that a lady could go And feel safe and secure by the men she would know.

There must be a place where old pilots go, When their wings become heavy, when their airspeed gets low, Where the whiskey is old, and the women are young, And songs about flying and dying are sung. Where you'd see all the fellows who'd 'flown west' before,

And they'd call out your name, as you came through the door,

Who would buy you a drink, if your thirst should be bad,

And relate to the others, "He was quite a good lad!"

And there, through the mist, you'd spot an old guy You had not seen in years, though he'd taught you to fly. He'd nod his old head, and grin ear to ear And say, "Welcome, my Son, I'm proud that you're here! For this is the place where true flyers come When the battles are over, and the wars have been won. They've come here at last, to be safe and alone, Where all hours are happy, and these good ol' boys Can relax with a cool one, and a well deserved rest! This is Heaven, my Son. You've passed your last test!"

From the government clerk, and the management clone; Politicians and lawyers, the Feds, and the noise,

-Captain Michael J. Larkin, TWA (Ret.), "Air Line Pilot magazine, February 1995.
windpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Brian.
Here's one of Andre's many talents

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHGfqITK7MI
windpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and some other
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmM4iPPnMbs
sergem

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.iwindsurf.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20801&start=30

^^^ thread - tales told by the man himself. RIP
windpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all who showed up last Sue.
Andrew's funeral services will be held this Fr, November 29tg at noon at skylawn memorial.
https://www.skylawnmemorialpark.com/m/obituaries/Andre-Volant/Memories
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: