myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Nutty California
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 164, 165, 166 ... 203, 204, 205  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ISO ... you've proudly censored many of the posters here, yet you now insist on answers to your questions .. Make up your fragile little mind please ..
coachg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
ISO ... you've proudly censored many of the posters here, yet you now insist on answers to your questions .. Make up your fragile little mind please ..

How can you see Iso's posts? I thought you were killified?
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Coachg
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coachg wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

How can you see Iso's posts? I thought you were killified?
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Coachg

I can see him , but he can't see me .. It's like a crab trap..
techno900

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how this will work? How many kids under 16 will have enough knowledge to make a rational decision regarding vaccinations? Do they peddle their bikes to the nearest clinic and get their shot? Or, are the Jr. High and High schools going to promote vaccinations and then provide them to the kids that buy into the idea without their parent's knowledge? Other institutions doing the same? Seems pretty nutty to me.

Quote:
California would allow children age 12 and up to be vaccinated without their parents' consent, the youngest age of any state, under a proposal late Thursday by a state senator.

Alabama allows such decisions at age 14, Oregon at 15, Rhode Island and South Carolina at 16, according to Sen. Scott Wiener, a Democrat from San Francisco who is proposing the change. Only Washington, D.C., has a lower limit, at age 11.

Wiener argued that California already allows those 12 and up to consent to the Hepatitis B and Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines, and to treatment for sexually transmitted infections, substance abuse and mental health disorders.

"Giving young people the autonomy to receive life-saving vaccines, regardless of their parents' beliefs or work schedules, is essential for their physical and mental health," he said. "It's unconscionable for teens to be blocked from the vaccine because a parent either refuses or cannot take their child to a vaccination site."

Currently in California, minors ages 12 to 17 cannot be vaccinated without permission from their parents or guardian, unless the vaccine is specifically to prevent a sexually transmitted disease.

Wiener's bill would lift the parental requirement for that age group for any vaccine that has been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

That includes immunizations against the coronavirus, but Wiener said vaccine hesitancy and misinformation has also deterred vaccinations against measles and other contagious diseases that can then spread among youths whose parents won't agree to have them vaccinated.

California Gov. Gavin Newsom in October announced the nation's first coronavirus vaccine mandate for schoolchildren. But it likely won't take effect until later this year and allows exemptions for medical reasons, religious and personal beliefs - though lawmakers may try to limit non-medical reasons.

https://abc30.com/california-vaccine-children-under-12/11493945/
coachg

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, it is a proposal, not a law. Second off, it is a matter of perspective as to if it is nutty. Third off, you don’t live in CA so your opinion doesn’t count.

But let’s play Devil’s Advocate here and say the proposal becomes law. From one perspective it might widen that ( put your helmet on because I’m going to hit you over the head again ) life expectancy gap that exists between liberal & conservative states. Just sayin,….

Coachg
boggsman1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
I wonder how this will work? How many kids under 16 will have enough knowledge to make a rational decision regarding vaccinations? Do they peddle their bikes to the nearest clinic and get their shot? Or, are the Jr. High and High schools going to promote vaccinations and then provide them to the kids that buy into the idea without their parent's knowledge? Other institutions doing the same? Seems pretty nutty to me.

Quote:
California would allow children age 12 and up to be vaccinated without their parents' consent, the youngest age of any state, under a proposal late Thursday by a state senator.

Alabama allows such decisions at age 14, Oregon at 15, Rhode Island and South Carolina at 16, according to Sen. Scott Wiener, a Democrat from San Francisco who is proposing the change. Only Washington, D.C., has a lower limit, at age 11.

Wiener argued that California already allows those 12 and up to consent to the Hepatitis B and Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines, and to treatment for sexually transmitted infections, substance abuse and mental health disorders.

"Giving young people the autonomy to receive life-saving vaccines, regardless of their parents' beliefs or work schedules, is essential for their physical and mental health," he said. "It's unconscionable for teens to be blocked from the vaccine because a parent either refuses or cannot take their child to a vaccination site."

Currently in California, minors ages 12 to 17 cannot be vaccinated without permission from their parents or guardian, unless the vaccine is specifically to prevent a sexually transmitted disease.

Wiener's bill would lift the parental requirement for that age group for any vaccine that has been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

That includes immunizations against the coronavirus, but Wiener said vaccine hesitancy and misinformation has also deterred vaccinations against measles and other contagious diseases that can then spread among youths whose parents won't agree to have them vaccinated.

California Gov. Gavin Newsom in October announced the nation's first coronavirus vaccine mandate for schoolchildren. But it likely won't take effect until later this year and allows exemptions for medical reasons, religious and personal beliefs - though lawmakers may try to limit non-medical reasons.

https://abc30.com/california-vaccine-children-under-12/11493945/

Agree
Stupid and perhaps "nutty".
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For person without kids, why do you worry, especially 2500 miles away in a different state?
techno900

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
For person without kids, why do you worry, especially 2500 miles away in a different state?

As mentioned, many times before - Liberal leadership is often nutty. We all can learn from California's examples.
techno900

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coachg,

Yes, the average life span in Calif. is about 3 years longer than N.C. So, what's your point? Should I move to Calif. and live longer? No, it's about personal choices and my life span will more than likely go well past the average since I choose to do things that keep me healthy. And North Carolina's longevity is average for the U.S.
coachg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techno,

My point is you don’t live in CA so your perspective of what is nutty is screwed from an outside point of view. You continue to hold CA up to North Carolina standards of what is nutty; it doesn’t work. For example, buying your 10-year-old son an AR 15 & a Confederate flag may appear to be normal in North Carolina, but in CA that would be considered nutty. Get the point?

We can look at liberal and conservative leadership all day but in the end, data is data and what is nutty is purely a matter of perspective. It's not just CA & NC or warm states vs. cold states. Look again. Liberal states have much higher life expectancies, far higher college educated populations, much better health care & much lower suicide rates. Conservative states have much less homelessness, lower crime rates & a far lower cost of living.

So we all have a choice to make, what problems we are willing to accept for where we choose to live.

Coachg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 164, 165, 166 ... 203, 204, 205  Next
Page 165 of 205

Jump to: