myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Zane's World: Chicama, Peru

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Europe, Caribbean & S. America, Australia & NZ, Africa, Asia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cagjr21150

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Zane's World: Chicama, Peru Reply with quote

Zane writes: On our second to last day the wind picked up so much it was hard to even surf, so I was stoked to rig up and go sail. It was some of the best sailing I have ever had. Easily I was catching waves for a mile and a half. After Scotty and Anne-Marie saw me having fun they came out and had a blast as well. http://blog.zaneschweitzer.com/2009/05/27/last-pictures-from-our-trip.aspx?ref=rss
sidingfortworthpros

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever visited Pacasmayo, Peru? It's an amazing beach to surf on. Sadly, there are few places that rent windsurf equipment there. The sport isn't really well developed outside the region of Ica.
dllee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being goof, always wondered about Chicama, Ragland, Seaside, Patrick's Pt., Margaret River, 7th Hole, back in the mid '70's.
Heard Pasca was somwhat near Chicama, but rumors always muddled information.
Then Indo was discovered late '70's, Reunion, Seychelles, Namibia,
and too many to hope to ride...
I guess the locomotive wave in Arizona the next frontier.
kravcukvitalij745

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sidingfortworthpros wrote:
Have you ever visited Pacasmayo, Peru? It's an amazing beach to surf on. Sadly, there are few places that rent windsurf equipment there. The sport isn't really well developed outside the region of Ica.

I've been there many many (about 20) years ago and had exactly that problem. The sport isn't developed at all. Locals are into surfing but windsurfing not that much. Best Catalogues for Bad Credit

Even with surfing it wasnt easy to rent boards. I ended up buying a board that I used for 2 weeks and then sold it when i left.
capetonian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back from 3 weeks in pacasmayo. Second trip in 2 years. What a fantastic windsurfing wave. Getting there from Orlando was easy on Copa Airlines. MCO->PTY->CIX was about 7 hours from wheels up in Orlando to wheels down in Chiclayo. Then a 2 hour taxi ride to El Faro Adventure Resort.

Take a big board if you’re going in an El Niño year, the winds were lighter than usual this July vs last year.
dllee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you took pictures...not for us, for your own memories.
Seen some good windsurf videos, but not great.
Best surfing I've seen was the Cabrinha wingfoil rider on the red wing really ride it like it should be ridden.
Seems like the wave is sorta a flipped PSC, needs a wider flatter, hard railed board to take advantage if the flatter face and slower moving swell.
Not like Hawaii at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Europe, Caribbean & S. America, Australia & NZ, Africa, Asia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: