myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Candlestick Update: only bad news.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmoecho

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:37 am    Post subject: Candlestick, SFBA and June 18 Clean up! Reply with quote

The work that has started at the former stadium is related to the dirt moving to the site to
raise the level of the future constitution area.But it is indeed maddening that they can open/close the expressway for this, have a person on a payroll to not let people park and to move the concrete barriers twice a day.

To add some more to @mac comments about SFBA, Candlestick.

SFBA is actively working on Candlestick issues (and there are others, Treasure Island, Berkeley, 3rd avenue).
It goes as fast as it can be with all the politics around and people having limited resources at SFBA.
The closure of the Hunters point Expressway is one thing in a huge pile of issues that Bayview is having. The organization of the local residents (Candlestick Heights Community Alliance) is working on resolving the issues that also include Park access and parking near water.
To provide a glimpse into what is going on, here are the latest meeting notes from the meeting:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C_UDUVlk8Y6tIItGQNEP-RJk7XXryxnCJhQQdbvROU0/edit
But there is much more behind the scenes here, there are multiple agencies involved.
I also agree that we have to unite. Everyone can complain, but sadly these complaints are being ignored. All questions that we brought up at the meetings with the Supervisors aide, CalTRANS, DPW - all were ignored or given a non-answer.
Another approach could be to help the local community to fight for what is also important for water sport enthusiasts and other water users. SFBA is actively collaborating with the Bayview community. One way to start getting involved and show we care is to join the cleanups or the meetings.
Let me know if you would like to participate.

Here is a great opportunity to join the clean up this Saturday (Jun 1Cool around our launch!
-----

This Saturday, please join the local community organized cleanup around Candlestick.
Join me and my family and your neighbors this Saturday June 18th, 10am sharp at 730 Jamestown Ave (at the Gilroy Stairs). We'll do the cleanup around 10am-1130am, and then head to Gilman Playground from 11:30am-12noon for coffee and treats from Cafe Alma.

Sign up here (https://www.mobilize.us/togethersf/event/407708/?utm_source=rr_btassa@gmail.com&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=bbd-06-18-22-email&utm_content=rr) and the map of the area we're covering is here (https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1EFiFzkdS5yrch8VnyQEMEQ-__WXJ0x4&ll=37.71073577714124%2C-122.38640802800116&z=16).

Note - signup today so we order the right amount of drinks and snacks, which are graciously sponsored by Firefighters Local 798, Bayview Merchants Association, and the Bayview Hill Neighborhood Association.

PS - Yes, you are welcome to forward this email to friends and neighbors!
PPS - City representatives have been invited, so hopefully we'll als
--
jpf18

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dvCali wrote:
Stick is pretty much gone unless the State Park is re-opened properly.

There's an organization called BMAGIC that works on keeping parks accessible out in the Bayview and Hunter's Point. http://bayviewmagic.org/. Never heard of them until the opening of that new park that covers the Presidio Parkway tunnels. They got to sit among all the San Francisco donor-socialites and politicos who came out to the opening ceremony today.
Here's the writeup in the Chron:
https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Years-in-the-making-Presidio-Tunnel-Tops-17309931.php
They should have some more insights on the going-ons at Candlestick I would think.
peterbelden

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:39 pm    Post subject: tiny update on Candlestick access Reply with quote

I joined the recurring zoom call last week with the various city agencies and neighborhood residents. Most of the conversation is about the RV special parking site but at the end we were able to ask questions about Candlestick. As you all have probably already heard Gerald from State Parks says the reason they close at 5pm is staff/budget shortage. I can't confirm if that is true. They said the parking circle is closed to prevent dangerous driving and side shows. I thought one solution could be to open the circle and put the k-rail in the center and at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock to permit parking but prevent dangerous driving. They seemed to ignore that idea but might be worth us continuing to suggest it because it does seem like it would improve access and solve the stated problem. As for the closure of Hunters Point Blvd they said it's to prevent dumping, dangerous driving, and a return of RV campers. I think if we can come up with creative solutions such as barriers to prevent the side shows, and very limited parking which is perpendicular by the launch rather than parallel that might prevent the RV camping and get them to re-open the road. Perhaps a longshot but just trying to come up with ideas to address there specific concerns. I talked to one of the rangers on site recently and he basically said I just work here and I know nothing about this and you should talk to a supervisor. So seems like Gerald is a key decision maker. -Peter
Riptide

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I talked to Adrienne Klein, Principal Enforcement Analyst BCDC this morning.

She made a site visit and her director is very supportive along with our letters we're very effective.

This is huge that BCDC is going after other State, county, city agencies.

Please make sure to join the BCDC public hearing February 8th, 2024

I am writing to inform you that BCDC has commenced a formal enforcement proceeding in this matter that will lead to a public hearing with the BCDC Enforcement Committee on February 8, 2024.

The meeting will start at 9:30 am and end by 12:30 pm. As an interested party, you will receive notice of this hearing. Below is the link to the relevant portion of the BCDC website:

https://bcdc.ca.gov/enforcement/meetings.html

Thanks for bringing your concerns to BCDC.

--

Adrienne Klein, Principal Enforcement Analyst

San Francisco Bay Conservation and Development Commission (SF BCDC )

Bay Area Metro Center

375 Beale St., Suite 510

San Francisco, CA 94105

Direct: (415) 352-3609

Main Number: (415) 352-3600

https://www.bcdc.ca.gov
carl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riptide wrote:
Hello, I talked to Adrienne Klein, Principal Enforcement Analyst BCDC this morning.

She made a site visit and her director is very supportive along with our letters we're very effective.

This is huge that BCDC is going after other State, county, city agencies.

Please make sure to join the BCDC public hearing February 8th, 2024

I am writing to inform you that BCDC has commenced a formal enforcement proceeding in this matter that will lead to a public hearing with the BCDC Enforcement Committee on February 8, 2024.

The meeting will start at 9:30 am and end by 12:30 pm. As an interested party, you will receive notice of this hearing. Below is the link to the relevant portion of the BCDC website:

https://bcdc.ca.gov/enforcement/meetings.html

Thanks for bringing your concerns to BCDC.

--

Adrienne Klein, Principal Enforcement Analyst

San Francisco Bay Conservation and Development Commission (SF BCDC )

Bay Area Metro Center

375 Beale St., Suite 510

San Francisco, CA 94105

Direct: (415) 352-3609

Main Number: (415) 352-3600

https://www.bcdc.ca.gov

Unfortuatly the BCDC enforcement website says the Feb 8th meeting is "cancelled". No reason why. Mad
cosmoecho

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:08 pm    Post subject: BCDC meeting Reply with quote

We are keeping an eye on it!
cosmoecho

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:14 pm    Post subject: BCDC meeting Reply with quote

We are keeping an eye on it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: