myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
AIB Sensors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gwarn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:28 am    Post subject: AIB Sensors Reply with quote

AIB is not a real sensor why are they yellow? Looks like a marketing gimmick to me. This is a Nowcast blue AI sensor in sheep's clothing is it not?

I think most people here are capable of figuring out the average between two sensors without the help of AI

AIB 3rd Ave.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  33.94 KB
 Viewed:  4699 Time(s)

AIB 3rd Ave.jpg

Wind_Boarder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that the sensor should not be yellow. It should be colored and treated the same way as the virtual sensor at Oyster Point. It threw me off when I first saw this new sensor at 3rd and I was wondering where the heck they mounted it!
windfind

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Here is the Weatherflow description of an AIB. If you have any questions about an AIB or how it is presented send a message to the link below:

What is an AIB?
Artificial Intelligent Buoy or AIB, is a station which uses data analysis techniques to provide pseudo observations at a location where sensors do not exist. AIBs are generated at popular locations for on the water activities. The accuracy of the sensors are influenced by available weather and observation data in the surrounding area. AIBs will continue to improve over time as more data is collected. Installation of more weather observation sensors close to the AIB location will also improve an AIB’s accuracy.

AIBs are being rolled out in multiple regions where users are most active on the water. If you would like to see an AIB in a specific location, reach out to
https://help.weatherflow.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Mike Godsey
Weatherflow
dmitrynizh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 3rd Ave AIB sensor is a nuisance. It collides with the two real sensors on the map when one wants to see the 3rd Ave, coyote and SFO, making reading of important sensors a pain. Aside, it is completely unnecessary, mostly wrong in its wind direction and magnitude guesses, and is just a very bad idea to be located where it is. I want to have a UI option to opt out.

Screenshot_20220821-120302_iWindsurf.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.28 MB
 Viewed:  4381 Time(s)

Screenshot_20220821-120302_iWindsurf.jpg

Screenshot_20220821-120214_iWindsurf.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.22 MB
 Viewed:  4381 Time(s)

Screenshot_20220821-120214_iWindsurf.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: